Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
|Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas|
26th October 2004
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas is a Rockstar North developed GTA III era game, and so has references to storylines and characters from both GTA III and GTA: Vice City. It is the only game so far set in the fictional state of San Andreas, consisting of three cities: Los Santos, San Fierro and Las Venturas, and includes vast expanses of countryside, forests, and a desert as well as a mountain. The game is set in 1992, and centers around the return of Carl Johnson (also known as CJ) to his gang (the Grove Street Families), and their subsequent return to power.
The game has received widespread acclaim for its technical achievements and free gameplay. However, it also received widespread criticism - initially due to its "gangster" elements, which include drugs, prostitution, and murder; but later due to the discovery of disabled interactive sex scenes, nicknamed Hot Coffee, which could be re-enabled using third-party mods. This led to the re-rating by the ESRB of the game from Mature to Adults-Only until a second version, with the sex scenes fully removed, was released.
NOTE: GTA San Andreas has become available for download at the Xbox LIVE marketplace
Five years ago Carl Johnson escaped from the pressures of life in his hometown, Los Santos, San Andreas. Now, it's the early 90s, and he's got to go home. His mother has been murdered, his family has fallen apart and his childhood friends are all heading towards disaster. On his return to the neighborhood, a couple of corrupt cops frame him for homicide. CJ is forced on a journey that takes him across the entire state of San Andreas to save his family and to take control of the streets.
- 100% Completion — Detailed information on how to complete the game 100%.
- Assets — Assets are places where you can periodically go to collect a predetermined amount of money.
- Businesses — There are many different types of businesses featured.
- Cheats — Cheat codes are available for the PS2, Xbox, and PC versions.
- Collectibles — Information about the types of items that can be collected.
- Controls — The controls are different for PS2, Xbox, and PC versions of the game.
- Crime — Information about Police, Wanted Levels and related gameplay elements.
- Criminal ratings — A list of the different criminal ratings in San Andreas and how many points you need to reach them
- Gameplay Features — Gameplay mechanics and features in San Andreas.
- Gang Warfare — Gang Warfare is a tactical section of gameplay which involves taking over enemy gang territories and can be very hard at times.
- Gangs — The gangs of San Andreas.
- Girlfriends — Information on all six girlfriends in San Andreas.
- Main Story Missions — Walkthroughs for all of the main story missions.
- Mods — Third-party mods add different elements to the game.
- Myths/Legends — Detailed information on all the rumors, myths, legends, and glitches in San Andreas.
- People — The people make the gameworld immersive.
- Radio Stations — The radio stations heard in-game.
- Safehouses — There are many safehouses available.
- Places — Many different locations are within San Andreas.
- Schools — Information about the types of schooling offered such as the Pilot School.
- Statistics — Different statistics are used to track your progress and have several categories such as "Gang", and "Player".
- Trailers — Trailers showcasing this game.
- Vehicle Missions — Missions are available for specific vehicles.
- Vehicles — Many vehicles are available.
- Weapons — Numerous Weapons are available.
Tips & Tricks