Difference between revisions of "Grand Theft Auto Online"
(Rewording first paragraph a little to emphasize Rockstar's intent of GTA Online being separate from GTA V)
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
'''Grand Theft Auto Online''' ('''GTAO''' or '''GTA O''') is an online multiplayer universe for the GTA series. It will launch on 1 October 2013 and will be
'''Grand Theft Auto Online''' ('''GTAO''' or '''GTA O''') is an online multiplayer universe for the GTA series. It will launch on 1 October 2013 and will be retail copies of [[Grand Theft Auto V]]. There will be no monthly subscription fee. GTAO will be a dynamic and constantly growing world, as it will continue to expand as content is added either by Rockstar or GTAO players, thus making it larger than GTA V. Though it mimics GTA V at first and is accessible through that game, Rockstar are treating it as a separate entity from GTA V.
==Official Gameplay Video==
==Official Gameplay Video==
Revision as of 03:24, 3 September 2013
| This article concerns a future game that is unreleased.
Some details may be speculative, and may not turn out to be correct.
|Grand Theft Auto Online|
|Location||Los Santos, State of San Andreas|
|Year||2013, before the events of GTA V|
Grand Theft Auto Online (GTAO or GTA O) is an online multiplayer universe for the GTA series. It will launch on 1 October 2013 and will be accessible through retail copies of Grand Theft Auto V. There will be no monthly subscription fee. GTAO will be a dynamic and constantly growing world, as it will continue to expand as content is added either by Rockstar or GTAO players, thus making it larger than GTA V. Though it mimics GTA V at first and is accessible through that game, Rockstar are treating it as a standalone, separate entity from GTA V, essentially even saying that they feel GTA V has no multiplayer mode because GTA Online is so separate.
Official Gameplay Video
GTA Online Official Gameplay Video
- Character creation involves choosing the heritage of the protagonist's parents, then using a gene dominance meter that determines which parent the protagonist's looks more closely resemble.
- Owners of the GTA V Collector's Edition can choose Niko Bellic (GTA IV), Claude (GTA III), or Misty (GTA III) as parents.
- The protagonist's daily activities can also be customized.
- Family time, illegal work, sports, and lounging on the couch all impact the protagonist's appearance and skills.
Missions and storylines
- GTA Online is a story-driven experience that intertwines with the single-player story. The player-created character is new to Los Santos and wishes to make it big. Through the player's actions, he/she will rise up the criminal ladder and meet several characters from the single-player story, such as Lamar, who will give them missions.
- There will be over 700 missions, appearing in random order depending on the protagonist's rank. More complex missions require higher rank.
- Almost every mission from GTA V will be carried over.
- Certain missions will require specific vehicles, characters, or weapons.
- There will be a collective limit on how many times a team member may die before a mission is failed.
- Custom missions can be created through the Rockstar Games Social Club.
Money and heists
- Completing matches and missions earns the player money, which can be spent on customizing their character's appearance, weapons and vehicles. More options become accessible as the storyline advances and as cash is acquired.
- Players can also spend money on a customizable apartment for their character, and a garage in which they can store and customize up to 10 vehicles.
- Banks and stores throughout the world can be robbed by the player. Teaming up with others makes pulling off the heists easier, however there is a chance that a member of the team may run off with the take, making trust a vital part in planning.
- During a heist, Grand Theft Auto Online uses a voice recognition system. If one or more players yell commands at the bank staff such as "faster!", the moneybag will be filled faster than usual, allowing for a quicker getaway.
- Money earned during gameplay is not safe until it is put into the player character's bank account. If killed, the money will be dropped and can be stolen by others.
- Players can insure their vehicles so that if they are destroyed, lost or stolen, they are replaced free of charge. The cost of insurance depends on the the vehicle's class, which in turn is determined by its performance and modifications.
- Other players can steal your protagonist's wallet if killed.
- Crews will be carried over from Max Payne 3 into Grand Theft Auto Online.
- It is essentially a GTA MMORPG, though groups of players are limited to just 16.
- As of the 1 October launch, the game world will be identical to that of GTA V. New locations will appear from time to time.
- There will be lots of property to purchase, including buildings and land, vehicles, weapons, and clothing.