Difference between revisions of "Grand Theft Auto V"
(→Gallery: Fixed my picture sizes.)
|Line 6:||Line 6:|
<br clear="both" />
<br clear="both" />
Revision as of 11:15, 5 November 2011
| This article concerns a future game or content that is unreleased.
Some details may be speculative, and may not turn out to be correct.
|Grand Theft Auto V|
|Location||Los Santos, State of San Andreas|
<youtube>QkkoHAzjnUs</youtube> For an analysis of the Trailer, see here.
Official Information about GTA V
On 2 November 2011, Rockstar Games released a trailer for GTA V, showing a range of clips of the game. The next day, Rockstar released the "official announcement":
We are very proud to officially announce that Grand Theft Auto V is in full development.
Developed by series creator Rockstar North, Grand Theft Auto V heads to the city of Los Santos and surrounding hills, countryside and beaches in the largest and most ambitious game Rockstar has yet created.
A bold new direction in open-world freedom, storytelling, mission-based gameplay and online multiplayer, Grand Theft Auto V focuses on the pursuit of the almighty dollar in a re-imagined, present day Southern California.
These two sources provide the only known information about the game:
- The game is set in modern-day Los Santos (based on Los Angeles) and surrounding countryside in the state of San Andreas.
- The cities of San Fierro or Las Venturas (the other cities in San Andreas) are NOT included in GTA V.
- Los Santos and the surrounding areas have been completely remade; it is not a copy of the map from GTA San Andreas. However from the trailers, the general outline seems to be the same, Downtown area being situated west of the East side, the rolling hills to the north with the Vinewood sign, outback with large mountain etc.
- Named locations include: Vinewood, Little Seoul, Los Puerta Freeway, Vespucci Beach, Downtown, Del Perro Freeway, East Los Santos and Los Santos Bay.
- A dog is seen in the beginning of the first GTA V trailer, suggesting that the game may include pets.
- GTA V may also include: female police officers, planes, airships/blimps, trucks, jet-skis, mountainous countryside, convertible cars, mines and wind turbines.
- The city and surrounding areas appear to be thick with smog during late evening time.
- Many vehicles have returned from GTA IV, with some being redesigned, and many new ones have been created.
- The U.S. Interstate will be featured in the game, making it one of the few things not to be parodied and have its real-life form in a GTA game. This does not confirm that San Fierro, Las Venturas or any new cities will be in the game.
A number of conclusions could be drawn from the trailer. The following points are assumptions, guesses or expectations rather than being official or confirmed.
- The protagonist moved to Los Santos looking for a fresh start, retiring from "that line of work". He "bought a big house, came here, put my feet up, thought I'd be a dad like all the other dads", but fell back into a criminal lifestyle because of financial troubles (fitting into the theme of "the almighty dollar"). This man is likely the older, black-haired white male seen several times in the trailer (0:40 overlooking the balcony, 0:46 as an exterminator, and 0:50 in the blue sports car)
- There is a rumor that the game may feature multiple protagonists. Another character, a stocky male with darker skin and a shaved head, also appears several times (0:24 in the red sports car, 0:48 as another exterminator, 1:05 fleeing police in the same car, and 1:06 running away on foot).
- "Los Puerta" might be another city in San Andreas, possibly based on San Diego. There is good reason to believe this because the highway sign shown is Interstate 5, a real-life U.S. Interstate in Los Angeles. The I-5 goes both through LA and San Diego, and in real-life a portion of the I-5 in Los Angeles is called the San Diego Freeway, and Los Puerta Freeway might be its GTA counterpart.
- The game is considered to be the first in the GTA V Era, however the extent to which this game overlaps with games in previous eras (such as the GTA IV Era) is not yet known. It is assumed that, as with all other new-number games, the storylines will not overlap but at the very least a number of references will be made with mentions of place names, similar products/brands/companies and maybe a return for Lazlow. However, it is possible that characters could return from previous games.
- It is possible that San Fierro and Las Venturas could be added in packs of Downloadable Content, similar to the extra storyline, vehicles and locations introduced to GTA IV with The Lost and Damned and Ballad of Gay Tony. However, there is no evidence for this.
- The music in the trailer is "Ogdens' Nut Gone Flake Overture" by Small Faces.
A beach with a dog
A Jet Ski, marked Speedophile 2000
Hikers at the base of a mountain near Los Santos
A convertible car retracting its roof
A crop dusting plane over a vineyard
Four men attempt to rob a store dressed as exterminators, notice the accessories on the rifle and the driver
A pumpjack on an oil well
An LSPD Police Cruiser with the words "Obey & Survive" written on the passenger door
A police helicopter chasing a man
The Vinewood sign
A Learjet-based plane (similar to a Shamal) flying over the city
Hints and guesses about GTA V
A number of possible clues have been found in previous GTA games and elsewhere to indicate what may be the setting and content of GTA V. Fans have also made a number of educated guesses.
- Gaming blog Kotaku quoted a source "familiar with" GTA V stating that the game will be set in Los Angeles (which was previously featured as Los Santos in GTA San Andreas, and also in Rockstar's crime-solving game LA Noire) and would have multiple playable characters (just as TLAD and BOGT brought new characters and stories to the game).
- On page thirteen of the Episodes from Liberty City guide book, there's a teaser that shows a broken heart made of the GTA IV box art and says "Liberty City, It's Over!" followed by "Next Stop..." and a small torn area that shows another poster behind, later revealed to be an advert for Mollis. The torn area has been noted as being in the shape of France. It also says in the right lower corner in a red box "Opens March Everywhere".
- According to reports, Rockstar Games recently registered new website domains that sound like they could belong to GTA V's in-game Internet, assuming the game inherits the feature from GTA IV. The domains are: CashForDeadDreams.com, SixFigureTemps.com, StopPayingYourMortgage.net, HammersteinFaust.com, and LifeInvader.com.
- On the Rockstar Games Social Club in the GTA IV Story Gang section, there is an Air Sol plane ticket that was apparently purchased by Niko Bellic to fly from Liberty City to San Andreas.
- Take-Two Interactive revealed they are expecting at least $2.00 per share for the first quarter of fiscal year 2012. The last time this happened was during the release of GTA IV, which reached $2.08 per share. Income only reached $1.06 per share during the release of Red Dead Redemption, and is projected to only reach $0.35 for the current fiscal year. It is expected that only a GTA game is able to bring this level of success to T2, which implies one must be planned for release in fiscal year 2012.
- Los Santos in GTA V
- Vehicles in GTA V
- Weapons in GTA V
- Community: GTA V Wishlist - the Grand Theft Wiki Community's suggestions on what to be included in GTA V.
- Vice City in GTA IV Era & San Andreas in GTA IV Era - References to previous games/locations in the GTA IV era
- Community:GTA IV Gripes - the community's flaws and problems with GTA IV.
- Content Changes - content that was cut or changed before the GTA games were released.
- GTA V trailer - rockstargames.com
- Rockstar Games Announcement
- Ogdens' Nut Gone Flake Overture/ Afterglow (of Your Love) - YouTube.com
- New Grand Theft Auto 5 Domains Registered? - 1up.com