Grand Theft Auto V
| This article concerns a future game that is unreleased.
Some details may be speculative, and may not turn out to be correct.
Official Information about GTA V
Rockstar Games has released a trailer for GTA V, showing a range of clips of the game, which is the only official information known so far:
- The game is set in modern-day Los Santos (based on Los Angeles) in the state of San Andreas.
- Only Los Santos was shown in the trailer. It is not known whether the cities of San Fierro or Las Venturas will also appear.
- The city and surrounding areas have been completely remade, it is not a like-for-like copy of the map from GTA San Andreas.
Hints and guesses about GTA V
A number of possible clues have been found in previous GTA games and elsewhere to indicate what may be the setting and content of GTA V. Fans have also made a number of educated guesses.
- Gaming blog Kotaku quoted a source "familiar with" GTA V stating that the game will be set in Los Angeles (which was previously featured as Los Santos in GTA San Andreas, and also in Rockstar's crime-solving game LA Noire) and would have multiple playable characters (just as TLAD and BOGT brought new characters and stories to the game).
- On page thirteen of the Episodes from Liberty City guide book, there's a teaser that shows a broken heart made of the GTA IV box art and says "Liberty City, It's Over!" followed by "Next Stop..." and a small torn area that shows another poster behind, later revealed to be an advert for Mollis. The torn area has been noted as being in the shape of France. It also says in the right lower corner in a red box "Opens March Everywhere".
- According to reports, Rockstar Games recently registered new website domains that sound like they could belong to GTA 5's in-game Internet, assuming the game inherits the feature from GTA IV. The domains are: CashForDeadDreams.com, SixFigureTemps.com, StopPayingYourMortgage.net, HammersteinFaust.com, and LifeInvader.com.
- On the Rockstar Games Social Club in the GTA IV Story Gang section, there is an Air Sol plane ticket that was apparently purchased by Niko Bellic to fly from Liberty City to San Andreas.
- Take-Two Interactive revealed they are expecting at least $2.00 per share for the first quarter of fiscal year 2012. The last time this happened was during the release of GTA IV, which reached $2.08 per share. Income only reached $1.06 per share during the release of Red Dead Redemption, and is projected to only reach $0.35 for the current fiscal year. It is expected that only a GTA game is able to bring this level of success to T2, which implies one must be planned for release in fiscal year 2012.
- Vice City in GTA IV Era & San Andreas in GTA IV Era - References to previous games/locations in the GTA IV era
- Community: GTA V Wishlist - the Grand Theft Wiki Community's suggestions on what to be included in GTA V.
- Community:GTA IV Gripes - the community's flaws and problems with GTA IV.
- Content Changes - content that was cut or changed before the GTA games were released.
- GTA V trailer - rockstargames.com
- New Grand Theft Auto 5 Domains Registered? - 1up.com