Grand Theft Wiki:Style Guide
|Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas|
|Platforms||PlayStation 2, Xbox, PC|
|Location:||San Andreas state:|
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas is the most recently released large game in the GTA series, developed by Rockstar North. It is the only game so far set in the fictional state of San Andreas, consisting of three cities: Los Santos, San Fierro and Las Venturas, and includes vast exapanses of countryside, forests, and a desert as well as a mountain. The game is set in 1992, and concerns the return of Carl Johnson (known as CJ) to his gang (the Grove Street Families), and their subsequent return to power.
The game has received widespread acclaim for its technical achievements and free gameplay. However, it also received widespread criticism - initially due to its "gangster" elements, which includs drugs, prostitution, and murder; but later due to the discovery of disabled interactive sex scenes, nicknamed Hot Coffee, which could be re-enabled using third-party mods. This led to the re-rating of the game from Mature to Adults-Only until a second version, with the sex scenes fully removed, was released.
Five years ago Carl Johnson escaped from the pressures of life in his hometown, Los Santos, San Andreas. Now, it's the early 90s, and he's got to go home. His mother has been murdered, his family has fallen apart and his childhood friends are all heading towards disaster. On his return to the neighborhood, a couple of corrupt cops frame him for homicide. CJ is forced on a journey that takes him across the entire state of San Andreas to save his family and to take control of the streets.
- 100% Completion — Detailed information on how to complete "San Andreas" 100%.
- Main Story Missions — All of the main story missions in "San Andreas."
- Collectibles — Information about the types of items that can be collected in "San Andreas."
- Businesses — There are many different types of businesses featured in "San Andreas."
- Statistics — Different statistics are used in "San Andreas."
- Vehicles — Many vehicles are available in "San Andreas."
- Weapons — Numerous Weapons are available in "San Andreas."
- Crime — Information about Police, Wanted Levels, and related gameplay elements in "San Andreas."
- Schools — Information about the types of schooling offered in "San Andreas."
- Vehicle Missions in GTA San Andreas — Missions are available for specific vehicles in "San Andreas."
- Places — Many types of places are found in "San Andreas."
- Safehouses — There are many safehouses available in "San Andreas."
- Gangs — Gang Warfare is a driving element of "San Andreas" gameplay.
- Radio Stations — The radio stations heard in "San Andreas."
- People — The people of "San Andreas" make the gameworld immersive.
- Cheats — Cheat codes are available for the PS2, Xbox, and PC versions of "San Andreas."
- Mods — Third-party mods add different elements to "San Andreas."