Rear quarter view)|
A Greenwood in GTA Vice City.
GTA Vice City |
GTA San Andreas
GTA Vice City Stories
|Vehicle type||Civilian car|
|Body style||4-door sedan|
|Capacity||4 (driver and 3 passenger)|
The Greenwood is designed as a boxy American 4-door sedan with a landau, originally fitting during its appearances in GTA Vice City and GTA Vice City Stories, but beginning to show its age during GTA San Andreas' timeline, when newer cars have appeared. In GTA Vice City Stories, the car's body color is usually restricted to a light blue-gray body with a white landau.
The Greenwood bears a strong resemblance to a mid/late-80's Dodge Diplomat, Plymouth Gran Fury, or a Chrysler Fifth Avenue. The grille, vinyl roof and headlights are closer to the Fifth Avenue but the headlights have been moved above the turning signals. The back doors could either be from the Diplomat or Gran Fury.
GTA Vice City (Rear quarter view).
GTA San Andreas (Rear quarter view, Sweet's Greenwood).
GTA Vice City Stories (Rear quarter view).
Though the speed and acceleration are less than ideal, the handling is improved over comparable vehicles found in the same areas and the braking is pretty good. The front-engine, rear-drive vehicle is heavy and relatively sturdy, capable of withstanding a good deal of damage and making it a relatively solid choice for drive-bys and primary transport.
Customization in GTA San Andreas
The Greenwood in GTA San Andreas can be modified at a TransFender, which offers a modest range of modification options:
Italicized pricing denotes prices at the Las Venturas TransFender, which charges 20% more except Colors.
The extent in which the Greenwood is used throughout the series varies in each of its appearances:
- In GTA Vice City, the Greenwood has very little role storyline-wise, not being a significant part of any of its events.
- On the other hand, GTA San Andreas' rendition of the car is used quite often in the beginning of the game, being the car of choice for the Grove Street Families.
- Another notable Greenwood, which is blue and bears a "GROVE4L" (Grove for Life) license plate, spawns in front of Sweet's house in Grove Street in Ganton, and used as the primary transportation in several early missions, especially Sweet's. This vehicle is extensively used and wrecked in several Los Santos missions, even blowing up at one point after crashing through a Sprunk billboard and into a fuel tanker.
- During "Los Sepulcros", a unique black Greenwood may be seen as a getaway car for Kane. While it is possible to obtain the car, any regular Greenwood can also be recolored black at a TransFender for a similar effect.
- A fire-proof Greenwood is driven by CJ during "Drive-Thru". To get it, just take it to a garage after you finish.
- The Greenwood used in the roadblock against the Ballas in "House Party" is bulletproof and fireproof. To get it, kill the Ballas, throw a grenade at the Greenwood to destroy it, and push it to the nearby garage.
- The Greenwood CJ drives to the Big Smoke's Crack Palace in "End of the Line" is bulletproof, fireproof, explosionproof, and damageproof. The rioters make it very difficult to get, however, so it is recommended that you recruit Grove Street members. To get it, at the beginning of the mission, take it to the bomb shop in El Corona, drive to the crack palace, and BEFORE entering the marker, activate the bomb, then quickly drive into the marker. Quickly skip the cutscene and escape from the Crack Palace. It will explode, which fails the mission. Take out a sawn-off shotgun, and shoot it to the garage at Grove Street.
- In GTA Vice City Stories, the Greenwood doesn't play any bigger role than it did in GTA Vice City, however during a couple of robbery missions for the Empire Building feature, enemies escort an armored truck in fireproof and explosion proof Greenwood's.
- A Greenwood makes two brief appearances in Rockstar North's Manhunt 2.
- In GTA San Andreas, the Greenwood plays Radio Los Santos by default when entered.
- A glitch occurs when either rear door is damaged upon collision with an object in the GTA San Andreas version of the car. When damaged, the door changes appearance and reverts to the GTA Vice City design.