The Greenwood is designed as a boxy American 4-door sedan with a landau, originally fitting during its appearances in GTA Vice City and GTA Vice City Stories, but beginning to show its age during GTA San Andreas' timeline, when newer cars have appeared. In GTA Vice City Stories, the car's body color is usually restricted to a light gray body with a white landau.
The Greenwood bears a strong resemblance to a mid/late-80's Dodge Diplomat, Plymouth Gran Fury, or a Chrysler Fifth Avenue. The grille, vinyl roof and headlights are closer to the Fifth Avenue but the headlights have been moved above the turning signals. The back doors could either be from the Diplomat or Gran Fury.
Though the speed and acceleration are less than ideal, the handling is improved over comparable vehicles found in the same areas and the braking is pretty good. The front-engine, rear-drive vehicle is heavy and relatively sturdy, capable of withstanding a good deal of damage and making it a relatively solid choice for drive-bys and primary transport.
The extent in which the Greenwood is used throughout the series varies in each of its appearances:
- In GTA Vice City, the Greenwood has very little role storyline-wise, not being a significant part of any of its events.
- On the other hand, GTA San Andreas' rendition of the car is used quite often in the beginning of the game, being the car of choice for the Grove Street Families. Another notable Greenwood, which is blue and bears a "GROVE4L" (Grove for Life) license plate, spawns in front of Sweet's house in Grove Street in Ganton, and used as the primary transportation in several early missions, especially Sweet's. This vehicle is extensively used and wrecked in several Los Santos missions, even blowing up at one point after crashing through a Sprunk billboard and into a fuel tanker. A fire-proof Greenwood can also be found in GTA San Andreas, during "Drive-Thru".
- In GTA Vice City Stories, the Greenwood doesn't play any bigger role than it did in Vice City, however during a couple of robbery missions for the Empire Building feature, enemies escort an armored truck in fireproof and explosion proof Greenwood's.
- During the mission Los Sepulcros from GTA San Andreas, a unique black greenwood may be seen as a getaway car for Kane. There is no need to acquire it, as a standard Greenwood can be sprayed black at TransFender..
Modifications (GTA San Andreas)
- Color (two; car body and landau)
- Hood scoops (Fury & Champ)
- Nitro (all)
- Roof scoops (Standard)
- Spoilers (Worx & Pro)
- Wheels (11 types)
- Car Stereo
- A Greenwood makes two brief appearances in Rockstar North's Manhunt 2.
- In GTA San Andreas, the Greenwood plays Radio Los Santos by default when entered.
- A glitch occurs when either rear door is damaged upon collision with an object in the GTA San Andreas version of the car. When damaged, the door changes appearance and reverts to the GTA Vice City design.