Revision as of 03:51, 21 June 2009
Grenades are the anti-personnel weapon that explodes a short time after release and has been featured in every Grand Theft Auto game since Grand Theft Auto 2.
Grenades only explode and anyone or anything that can be damaged within the radius of explosion can be heavily damaged and vehicles can even explode. Ideal for removal of hardened positions and enemies hiding behind cover, grenades are quite simple in theory. When thrown accurately, grenades do a good job of taking out intended targets. When thrown incorrectly, grenades can sometimes land near the player, injuring him and even killing the player.
In Grand Theft Auto IV, the player can drop a live grenade to the ground, but must run for cover before the grenade detonates. He can also cook a grenade for a short time before throwing at enemies. It begins beeping if it is held for too long. If the grenade is not thrown at enemies in time, it can explode, killing the player.
In Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars, the player can use the touch screen to throw Grenades at a distance in any direction.
- Las Colinas, Los Santos - Beside a burnt and wooden shack
- East Beach, Los Santos - In a corner of the multistory carpark
- Idlewood, Los Santos - Behind the Well Stacked Pizza, on a balcony
- Santa Maria Beach, Los Santos - Near the end of Yacht Harbor, right beside the railing
- Doherty, San Fierro - Spawns outside the Doherty Garage after photographing all 50 Snapshots
- Bayside, Tierra Robada - In a small alleyway
- Rockshore East, Las Venturas - On a roof, behind a rooftop door
Grenades can be purchased from the back-alley gun shops for $1,000. They can also be purchased from Little Jacob for $700.
- Steinway - Can be found in the fourth gated yard in an alley between Tinconderoga Ave and Trenton Ave.
- Meadows Park - Can be found underneath the large steel globe in the larger fountain.
- Francis International Airport - Can be found on the west end of the boat dock south of the aviation fuel storage facility to the southwest of the airport.
- Fortside - Can be found in an alley between Folsom Way and Rykers Ave.
- Star Junction - Can be found in an alley off Kunzite St, between the Magic Curtain Theatre and the Celtica Hotel.
- The Triangle - Can be found next to a large spool of electrical cable in the north side of the Columbus Ave construction site.
- The Triangle - Can be found next to a manhole on the north side of the Frankfort Ave construction site.
- The Meat Quarter - Can be found in the alley between Iron St and Union Drive West.
- Suffolk - Can be found atop the roof of the Globe Oil gas station on Feldspar St and Union Drive West.
- Chinatown - Can be found on the second floor of the construction project on Bismarck Ave, south of Diamond St.
- Happiness Island - Can be found in the entrance hall to the statue, on the right.
- Alderney City - Can be found on the ledge of a building behind the Mr. Fuk's Rice Box restaurant.
- Port Tudor - Can be found on a second-floor catwalk in a large boat repair warehouse on the docks.