Rear quarter view)|
A Habanero in GTA IV.
GTA IV |
|Vehicle type||Civilian SUV|
|Body style||4-door mid-size crossover SUV|
|Capacity||4 (driver and 3 passengers)|
The Habanero appears to be based primarily off of the 2004-2009 Lexus RX (a rebadge of the Japanese Toyota Harrier), but it is slightly bulkier. The rear end of the car, mainly the tinted windows and shape, as well as the rims, seem to be based off a 2008 3rd generation Subaru Impreza STI. Like the Lexus, the Habanero doesn't do well off road due to its low ground clearance, and is more sport-oriented and features a slightly porky curb weight (for a small CUV). However, the Habanero is good for cruising around Liberty City.
GTA V (Rear quarter view).
The Habanero is powered by a numb-feeling V6, paired to a 5 speed gearbox in an AWD configuration. Borrowing its specifications from the Lexus RX, the Habanero focuses more on stability and luxury rather than performance, leaving acceleration off the line slow, with a mediocre top speed of 174 mph (280 km/h).
Braking is below average, due in part to constant front wheel lockup. ABS is strangely not available on the Habanero, although on very rare cases, some Habaneros will feature ABS. However, front wheel lockup still occurs. Handling at speed is fair, though the suspension does not perform as well as what would be expected. At slow speeds, it is far too soft leading to body roll; similarly, at high speeds, it is far too firm and unforgiving. Crash deformation is below average and build quality is sub-par, often leading to catastrophic failure after only a few accidents.
Overall, the Habanero seems to be best suited for long-distance cruising between islands, or as a last resort mode of transportation.
- A Habanero can be seen briefly in the trailer for GTA V.
- A habanero is a type of chili, in fact, the name might be inspired from the Porsche Cayenne, which is also a crossover SUV that is named after a type of chili pepper.
- In perfect condition this car can be sold in the S&M Auto Sales for $3,200 after completion of Stevie's Car Thefts.
- In GTA IV, the two default radio stations in the Habanero are Jazz Nation Radio 108.5 and Fusion FM.
- Can be mostly seen in Algonquin and Alderney.
- Spawns in Munsee Ave. in Downtown Broker along with the Pony during business hours.
- Around Downtown Los Santos, Alta and sometimes around Rockford Hills.
- Sometimes seen around the countryside, around Route 68 and Grand Senora Desert.