With Dinka being the in-game parody of Honda, the Hakumai's exterior is appropriately, an amalgamation of two different late-80s Hondas; the third generation Honda Accord, and the third generation Honda Prelude. The body style resembles the 4-door Accord, with slightly modified turn signals, while the taillight cluster is similar to that of the Prelude's. It is the only car in GTA IV to feature functioning hidden headlights, although there is no actual animation for them popping out, and as such, they appear to "spring" out instantly when turned on.
The Hakumai is actually fast, like a real Accord, despite that, according to its badging, it has only a 1.4 liter (4-cylinder) engine, like the Blista Compact. Its steering is heavy, considering its size and weight, but is fairly capable of maintaining traction after a sharp turn and avoiding tailspin, due largely to its front wheel drive. It has a top speed of 145 km/h (90 mph). Unfortunately, the Hakumai is not durable; the car's engine will begin to emit smoke after three to four serious collisions.
A modded Hakumai is present in GTA IV, with a red paint job, spoiler, and aftermarket exhaust. It is driven by the Albanian Mob, and can usually be found late at night in Little Bay. Hakumai's may also appear with added fog lights, these however don't work.
- The two default radio stations in the Hakumai are Electro-Choc and Radio Broker.
- The name of the car means "rice" in Japanese. This may be a reference to the term "rice burner", as the Accord is a popular car to modify.
- The Hakumai has a unique horn.
- In The Lost and Damned, Hakumai's are used in the Gang Wars by the Albanian Mob
- The Hakumai is set to spawn in Boulevard, Cerveza Heights, City Hall, East Island City, Fortside, Bohan Industrial, Little Bay, Northern Gardens, South Bohan, Steinway and Willis in Liberty City, although it rarely spawns outside Little Bay.
- Driven by the Albanian Mob.
- One consistently spawns during "Ivan the Not So Terrible" on a Hickock St corner