Head Radio is an adult contemporary radio station in Grand Theft Auto 1, Grand Theft Auto 2, Grand Theft Auto III and Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories. It is hosted by Eddie Symons in GTA 1, Phanny Joe Styles and Johnny Riccaro in GTA 2. In GTA III and GTA LCS, it is hosted by Michael Hunt, who misses living in San Fierro with his mother, having a yard, and cutting grass. By the year 2001, the station is owned by Donald Love's Love Media.
The station's playlist is as follows.
Grand Theft Auto
- Reality Bubble - "Days Like These"
- Meme Traders - "Automatic Transmission"
- Ohjaamo - "Complications"
Grand Theft Auto 2
- Apostles of Funk - "Yellow Butter"
- Pussy Willows - "Real Love"
- Davidson - "All I Wanna Do"
- The One - "Soth Park"
- Bula Matari - "Taxi Drivers"
- Flytronix - "Pendulum"
- Anna - "Do It On Your Own"
- Testing - "My Tiny World"
Grand Theft Auto III
- Dil-Don't - "Stripe Summer"
- Whatever - "Good Thing"
- Craig Gray - "Fade Away"
- Conor and Jay - "Change"
- Frankie Fame - "See Through You"
- Scatwerk - "Electronic Go Go"
- Dezma - "Life Is But A Mere Supply"
Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories
- Conor and Jay - "Train"
- Cloud Nineteen - "The One For Me"
- Purser - "Take The Pain"
- L. Marie + Raff - "Free Yourself"
- 15 Ways - "Drive"
- Rous Stow - "Welcome to the Real World"
- Vanilla Smoothie - "Keep Dreaming"
- In GTA 2 the song "Taxi Drivers" was censored in the PlayStation version of the game. Some lyrics were interrupted by the sounds of horns.
- The logo for Head Radio says "Give Head Radio A Listen This Weekend". Head is slang for giving a "blowjob"
- All bands from GTA III and LCS are fictional creations of Rockstar North with the exception of Conor and Jay.
- In GTA Liberty City Stories, Conor and Jay's and Purser's singles can be seen advertised on billboards throughout Liberty City. Purser's is advertised as "Feel the Pain".
- "The One for Me", "Take the Pain" and "Drive" are available as ringtones in Grand Theft Auto IV.
- Head Radio was meant to carry on and appear in Grand Theft Auto IV, however it was dropped during development. It is unknown what genre it would be.