The Heavy Sniper is a semi-automatic sniper rifle making its debut appearance in Grand Theft Auto V.
The weapon is based on the high caliber Barrett M82A1 (M107) rifle. It has a 6-round magazine (as opposed to 10 for the standard sniper rifle), but with a higher rate of fire due to its semi-automatic nature (although the fire rate is much slower than the Combat Sniper from the previous games). Template:Clr
Franklin aiming the Heavy Sniper.
- When aiming down the scope, the sound of a bolt operation can be heard after each shot, despite the weapon being semi-automatic. However, it isn't heard when firing without aiming.
- This gun has the highest non-shotgun non-explosive damage per shot. In GTA Online, a single shot in the chest is enough to kill players up to level 100.
- You can take a jet down with 4 shots from the heavy sniper.
- You can take down a Police Maverick with two shots to the tail rotor.
- Unlike the regular Sniper Rifle, the Heavy Sniper cannot be equipped with a suppressor.
- The Heavy Sniper comes with an Advance Scope as standard.