Helena Wankstein lives on a farm in Flint Range, Flint County and meets Carl Johnson beside the Ammu-Nation store in Blueberry, Red County, shooting some targets on a deck. She is a lawyer by trade but is enthusiastic about guns. She is normally home between 00:00-2:00, 8:00-12:00 and 14:00-0:00. Helena prefers Carl to have low muscle, low fat and high sex appeal. Helena was voiced by Bijou Phillips.
Carl can take Helena to either the club in Idlewood, Los Santos (Alhambra) or Queens, San Fierro (Gaydar Station), but the Alhambra remains a better solution since it's closer, despite both clubs being fairly away from Helena's house.
Helena likes Carl to drive fairly slowly in rural areas (such as around her farm) or nice parts of town. Driving around her fields will suffice for this date.
Helena will ask Carl in for coffee when their relationship gets to 70%.
- A known glitch (especially on PS2 version) is that sometimes, if the player hasn't met her yet, she will deliberately attack CJ while they exchange their introductory chatter. It remains possible to date normally with her if CJ manages to survive the flurry of bullets, though, as retaliating to death will cause Helena to die and becomes impossible to date.
- Sometimes the red marker to start a date will not be visible during regular dating hours (often caused by waiting on her property). Helena can still be picked up for a date by parking in the general location of the marker.
The rewards for dating Helena include access to her tool shed, which includes: a chainsaw, a flamethrower, Molotov Cocktails and a pistol. At 50% she gives Carl the keys to her Bandito, but even without having the keys, CJ can still steal it, since it has no doors. At 100% Carl gets the Rural Clothes.
- When the player starts to date Helena, she will introduce herself, despite meeting her at the shooting range and not saying her name.
- If the player stands in front of Helena when she is at the shooting range, she will keep shooting the player as if he was not there.
- Helena's surname is a wordplay on the phrase wank stain.