|This page documents Help for users on Grand Theft Wiki.|
This article explains how to find and use the page history of an article or image.
Accessing and using
To access the page history, simply click the "View history" button that is present at the top of all pages, next to the "edit" button or, if the user is not logged in, the "read" button. You will see a list of the latest edits made to that page. The page history will tell you a number of things:
- Firstly, the time and date when that particular edit was made.
- Who made the edit, with a link to their profile, talk page and a list of their contributions.
- The size of the content of the page, in bytes. Only useful for telling you if the page is bigger or smaller than the previous version (IE if someone added or removed something to or from the page.)
- If the editor entered one, an edit summary. This is the most interesting information, here you can read a summary of what edits the person made to the page, without having to look up the changes yourself.
- There is also an "undo" button and, for Trusted Users and Staff, a "rollback" button. See help on Revert on how to use that one.
An "m" just before the page size indicates that, as the page says, the user marked it a minor edit.
All versions (revisions) of all pages are saved on the wiki. This makes it possible to compare different versions and restore (revert) older ones should this be needed. If you want to see more in detail what a person changed on the page, you can compare the new version to the old one.
To compare two different revisions you need to use the check circles that are to the left in the list. Just click on the circles of the two versions you want to compare, the newest version and the version before that will be selected by default. Then, click the "Compare selected revisions" button.
The Wiki will now generate a list of all changes between the two revisions for you. All the words that are marked in red are the ones that were somehow changed from the old to the new version.