Hercules is located within the northern edge of Westminster, Algonquin, at Galveston Avenue, just beside the Algonquin end of the Booth Tunnel. The actual club does not exist in the main game or The Lost and Damned (both the downloadable content and episodic pack in Grand Theft Auto: Episodes From Liberty City), as the same location is simply a nondescript grilled storefront with a Hinterland logo on a window.
Hercules is one of several Liberty City clubs owned by Anthony Prince, popularly known as "Gay Tony". Bernie Crane also first met his current (and secret) boyfriend Bryce Dawkins during a foam party at the club while high on ecstasy. According to the Liberty Tree and Weazel News, the club has been closed alongside Maisonette 9, following revelations of its club goers taking and selling drugs in the premises.
The club appears in The Ballad of Gay Tony as a proper location where the player, assuming the role of Luis Fernando Lopez, may visit. Compared to Bahama Mamas and Maisonette 9, Hercules is much smaller in size and less elaborate, its interior consisting only of a hallway with a coat room, and a cramped room that serves as a bar, lounge and dancefloor. The player can drink for free from the bar or dance at the club. The club is manned by a doorman named Troy, and its bartender is depicted as a topless, well-toned man who dances around.
Hercules is mentioned in the radio station Integrity 2.0 in The Ballad of Gay Tony and The Lost and Damned only. The station's host Lazlow mistakenly believes that the club is for heterosexuals, with a Greek style.
- GTA IV
- During the first encounter with Eddie Low in a second variant of dialogue, Eddie will ask Niko if he would like to go to Hercules with him, with Niko replying, "I'm not like that friend."
- If the player leaves early from a strip club outing with Roman; he will be "disappointed" that Niko is in a rush. Then he will ask if Niko have been spending time at Hercules instead.
- The Lost and Damned
- The club actually appears properly in The Lost and Damned in the Complete Edition.
- The Ballad of Gay Tony
- The club plays music from K109 The Studio.
- Though being a gay club, Luis can still dance with a heterosexual woman on the dance floor and at least three women always spawn in the club. A few heterosexual men spawn at the club as well.
- The club is accessible during multiplayer in The Ballad of Gay Tony, like the Bahama Mamas, but it is usually empty, although sometimes someone can be found at the coatcheck, behind the counter.
- Humorously, the muscular man appearing on the logo of the club is positioned right upon the "U", with the concavity of that letter forming the shape of a penis.
- In Not So Fast, it is revealed that Gracie Ancelotti parties there with Gay Tony.