The location of Hercules is within the northern edge of Westminster, Algonquin, at Galveston Avenue, just beside the Algonquin end of the Booth Tunnel. The actual club does not exist in the main game or The Lost and Damned, as the same location is simply a nondescript grilled storefront with a Hinterland logo on a window.
Hercules is one of several Liberty City clubs owned by Anthony Prince, also known as "Gay Tony". Bernie Crane also first met his current (and secret) boyfriend Bryce Dawkins during a foam party at the club while high on ecstasy. According to the Liberty Tree and Weazel News, the club has been closed alongside Maisonette 9, following revelations of its club goers taking and selling drugs in the premises.
The club appears in The Ballad of Gay Tony as a proper location where the player, assuming the role of Luis Fernando Lopez, may visit. Compared to Bahama Mamas and Maisonette 9, Hercules is much smaller in size and less elaborate, its interior consisting only of a hallway with a cloakroom, and a cramped room that serves as a bar, lounge and dancefloor. Because of its compact design, the player can only drink for free from a bar or dance at the club. The club is manned by a doorman named Troy, and its bartender is constantly depicted as a topless, well-toned man who dances around.
Hercules is mentioned in the radio station Integrity 2.0. The station's host Lazlow mistakenly believes that the club is for heterosexuals.
- The club plays music from K109 The Studio.
- Though being a gay club, Luis can still dance with a heterosexual woman on the dance floor and at least one or two women always spawn in the club.
- In the The Lost and Damned found in Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City you can see the clubs exterior, although in the downloadable version you can see the Hinterland logo. But it is still unaccessible by the player.
- During multiplayer in TBoGT, it is possible to enter the club. like Bahama Mamas However, it is usually empty, though sometimes someone can be found at the coatcheck, behind the counter.
- Humorously, the muscular man appearing on the logo of the club is positioned right upon the "U", with the concavity of that letter forming the shape of a penis.