Rear quarter view)|
A Huntley Sport in GTA IV.
|Vehicle type||Civilian SUV|
|Body style||4-door compact SUV|
|Capacity||4 (driver and 3 passengers)|
Like the Huntley, the Huntley Sport is based on the Range Rover, however this time the 2006-present Range Rover Sport, although it is slightly boxier. The grille is designed similar to the second generation Lincoln Navigator and some other Ford pickup trucks and SUVs. And the taillights may be meant to emulate those of regular third generation Range Rovers but look more like custom Altezza-styled lights for other pickup trucks and SUVs. It is also equipped with dark-tinted glass and low-profile tires with large alloy rims.
The Huntley Sport, powered by a 4.8L Supercharged V8 coupled to a 5 speed gearbox in 50% front/50% rear all-wheel drive, is perhaps one of the fastest SUVs in GTA IV with a top speed of 260km/h (162mph). Acceleration is rated as very good, propelling the Huntley Sport to its brisk top speed in a matter of seconds. Handling is better than expected, though not perfect. The vehicle has a tendency to oversteer dramatically in turns, though can corner at speed effectively, apart from mild but noticeable understeer on sweeping turns. The suspension is rather soft, designed to compensate for off-roading rather than racing. Braking is average, and ABS is standard on the Huntley Sport. Crash deformation is acceptable, but not as good as its closest competitor. Engine build quality is also acceptable, but cannot withstand many hits/bullets before failing.
Off-road, the Huntley Sport performs better than its low ground clearance and low profile tires suggest. The four-wheel-drive system and supercharged V8 make light work of steep sand hills, however the Huntley Sport tends to crash into the solid, low obstacles like rocks that other four-wheel-drives can drive over without issues this is due to the low ride height and the large front bumper.
The Huntley Sport is rather good combat vehicle, with high maneuverability, reasonable speed and four seats. Also, the low-profile tires makes it a challenge for enemies to shoot and successfully hit them. The windows, however are rather wide and endangers people inside the vehicle to gunfire. Overall, this is probably the second best vehicle that a player could use in any situation, after the Cavalcade, however Cavalcades are available in GTA IV, The Lost and Damned, and The Ballad of Gay Tony multiplayer, while Huntley Sports are only available on TBOGT multiplayer.
Several uncommon color schemes for the Huntley Sport may be available in certain parts of the game:
- Huntley Sports with a yellow, black and green paint job, custom grille with removed badging and side-mounted exhaust pipes are driven by the Jamaican Posse; like other gang-specific variants, all these modified vehicles are still called "Huntley Sport" when entered.
- A black Huntley, painted with a thin red stripe down the sides, can rarely be found driving around Liberty City. It is one of a range of paint jobs available on default Huntley Sport's. This Huntley Sport color is also seen in the car chase at Out of Commission; however, this one cannot be obtained as after the cutscene where everyone gets out of the Cognoscenti, the Huntley will disappear.
- After doing a boating trip with Brucie Kibbutz, an iridescent olive and beige Huntley will be parked at the docks where you get out of the boat.
- A custom navy and sky blue Huntley is one of vehicles needed for Stevie. After receiving the message it will be parked outside a police station at Bohan and will spawn there as long as player doesn't deliver it to Stevie's garage.
- In an online Weazel News article in GTA IV, Kerry McIntosh is implied to drive a red Huntley Sport, which she crashed into a Wigwam Burger restaurant while highly intoxicated.
- The Huntley Sport is considered a "luxury car" in The Ballad of Gay Tony's multiplayer race/GTA race modes.
- The default radio station tuned in the vehicle is The Vibe 98.8.
- Huntley Sports can be sold at S&M Auto Sales for $4,000 each in perfect condition after completion of Stevie's Car Thefts.
- The Huntley sport shares it's engine and horn sound with the Vincent.
- Commonly spawn (but only at night) in Beechwood City, BOABO, East Hook (Broker), Chase Point, Fortside, Bohan Industrial (Bohan), Middle Park, North Holland, Northwood and Purgatory (Algonquin)
- Often spawn in Rotterdam Hill (only at day), Schottler (at night) (Broker), Willis (Dukes), Castle Gardens, Castle Garden City, City Hall, Middle Park (only at day), The Exchange, (Algonquin), and Alderney City (Alderney),
- Sometimes spawn in Beachgate (Broker), Francis International Airport (Dukes), Hatton Gardens, Lancaster, Lancet and Middle Park East (Algonquin).
- Occasionally spawn in South Slopes (Broker), The Meat Quarter (only during the weekend), Suffolk, Varsity Heights and Westminster (Algonquin).
- The "Jamaican" variant can be found around Beechwood City, Schottler and Willis.
- GTA IV
- Provided as a getaway car after escaping into Easton in "Three Leaf Clover".
- A "Jamaican" Huntley Sport is given as a gift in the last of Little Jacob's drug delivery missions.
- A "Jamaican" Huntley Sport can also be obtained through Dukes and Broker-based Gang Wars, which often pit the player against members of the Jamaican Posse, who, as mentioned above, drive this vehicle.
- Often spawns in traffic on the Ballad of Gay Tony multiplayer, particularly in Star Junction.
- Appears as vehicles driven by targets in Drug Wars. These Huntley Sports often boast unique or Jamaican paint jobs.