I Luv LC(Redirected from I luv LC)
|I luv LC|
Luis arriving at Maisonette 9.
|Game||The Ballad of Gay Tony|
Luis' Apartment safehouse
During a bank robbery in a Chinatown Bank of Liberty branch (as depicted in detail during "Three Leaf Clover" in Grand Theft Auto IV), Eugene Reaper discusses his dangerous idea of fighting back against the bank robbers with Luis who was at the bank for his boss, Gay Tony. Luis is quick to dismiss the idea, but Eugene goes along with it, fatally shooting Keane and getting himself killed. Luis escapes alive and heads over to Tony's, where he first meets Rocco Pelosi, who comes to collect some money Tony owes him. Afterwards, Tony and Luis leave for Tony's two clubs.
Luis is left to his own devices to explore Maisonette 9 (during which he can engage in any of the activities described by the game) until two of his friends, Armando Torres and Henrique Bardas, cause a commotion at the entrance when they are denied entry. Luis intervenes and is soon given the rest of the night off by Tony, with the instruction to go home and "take a bath". He lends/gives Luis his car and Luis drives Armando and Henrique home; afterwards, he then drives the short distance to his apartment to end the mission. The apartment can now be used to save the game.
Shortly after arriving at the apartment, Luis receives a text message from Tony asking him to come see him. This unlocks two missions: "Practice Swing" and "Chinese Takeout", however the order of the missions depends on what time of day it is; if it's daytime, Luis can go to Tony's loft and this will trigger "Practice Swing". If at night, he can go to Maisonnette 9 to trigger "Chinese Takeaway". Also, a few minutes after completing "I Luv LC" mission, an icon for "Mama's House" will appear without fanfare in north Algonquin, not far from the safehouse, unlocking "Momma's Boy" which the player could also choose to play before either of Tony's missions. (If Luis reads his e-mail before this mission, a message from his sister foreshadows it.)
|Time||Time taken to complete the mission.||0:04:30|
|Player damage||Damage attained by the player.||0%|
|Car damage||Damage attained by the car.||0%|
Tony having a quick discussion with Troy upon arrival at Hercules.
- After completing the mission, but before triggering any new ones, spend time exploring Liberty City if you haven't played GTA IV or The Lost and Damned in order to familiarize yourself with the layout. Also, if you know the location of weapon spawn locations from TLAD and GTA IV, now is a good time to visit them and stock up on weapons, ammo and armor as the default pistol given to Luis at the start is limited in ammunition and effectiveness. It's too early in the game to buy supplies, however.
- During the opening you will see Niko twice (once in the bank and once driving in a car), and Johnny riding by on his bike.
- In the opening cutscene, there will be Enforcers outside the bank, but in Three Leaf Clover, they are Police Stockades
- In one of the cutscenes you can see Niko's choice of a suit for the heist: it's the grey one, with the black tie.
- Niko can kill Luis Lopez during the mission Three Leaf Clover.
- While Luis is crossing a road, Niko and the McReary's will stop in a sedan, nearly running him over. The colour of the car is random and will change from red to grey.
- Name of the mission is a reference to achievement: "Full Exploration" from GTA IV which player receive from completing mission Three Leaf Clover. The achievement picture shows "I [heart] LC" and it can be read as "I luv LC".
- If Luis accesses the internet after the mission (there is a Tw@ location a few blocks from the apartment), the news sites will have reports about the bank robbery. In addition, four e-mails will be waiting for Luis: three increasingly angry e-mails from an ex-girlfriend, and one from his sister foreshadowing the events of Momma's Boy.
- This game avoids the continuity error encountered by TLAD, which starts out with the entire Liberty City map open to the player, even though by rights the map shouldn't be open until later in the game (as it corresponds with the GTA IV timeline). TBOGT avoids this by starting the game after "Three Leaf Clover" which, in GTA IV, is the mission that unlocks the entire map.