The Infernus is a sports car that has appeared in all games of GTA III Era (except Grand Theft Auto Advance), Grand Theft Auto IV and Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars. Players who pre-orded GTA Chinatown Wars from Amazon are able to purchase a bulletproof Infernus early in the game.
In GTA III and GTA Liberty City Stories, it resembles a Vector M12. In GTA Vice City and GTA Vice City Stories, it closely resembles a Lamborghini Countach, but it lacks the characteristic scissor doors. Although it seems to be mid-engined, the engine is visible under the front hood, possibly due to limitations of the GTA III and Vice City game engines. In GTA San Andreas, it resembles a Honda/Acura NSX, most likely the Acura model because it was exported in North America. Also, the Infernus can be modded in any TransFender Branch throughout the whole State of San Andreas.
The GTA IV rendition is an amalgamation of the Lamborghini Murcielago LP640, with the body shape of the Lamborghini Diablo SV, and the rear end obviously inspired by the Pagani Zonda; the car also features scissor doors, the only car in the game with such doors. The Infernus you obtain from Bernie Crane, after completing all of his missions, is the only modded version in the game. It sports a stripe on the sideskirt, black sports rims, and a one-of-a-kind bright orange paint job which will not appear anywhere else in the game.
The Infernus is extremely fast, but is susceptible to damage from high-speed impacts. Even impacts which do little damage can eject the driver through the windshield. Its handling remains similar between GTA III and GTA Vice City, but in San Andreas, although it is one of the fastest car in the game, (proven by game's data files, top speed 240 km/h), its cornering skills decrease considerably. Along with the Comet, it is also one of the fastest cars in GTA IV, and a good racing car. According to game's data files, it has a top speed of 336 km/h (208 mph). The GTA IV version of the car is also mid-engined and four-wheel drive, like the real Murcielago.
If you are driving backwards, the Infernus will very easily turn with the smallest movement on the joystick. This can be useful after losing control of the vehicle. The Infernus has the same engine sound as the Comet and the Super GT.
GTA Vice City
GTA San Andreas
- Found around The Strip, Las Venturas
- Spawns mostly around San Fierro
- Spawns in Downtown, Los Santos.
GTA Liberty City Stories
- Often spawns on Staunton Island and Shoreside Vale
- In the parking lot next to Staunton Island Safehouse in Newport, Staunton Island.
GTA Vice City Stories
- In front of a mansion in the most northwest part of Starfish Island.
- During mission Conduct Unbecoming, two of the car are parked in front of the mansion.
- In the parking lot on the east of Forbes's apartment.
- In Lance's apartment in Ocean Beach.
- Parked along Ocean Drive, Ocean Beach.
- In GTA IV, you receive one as a gift from Bernie Crane after completing all of his missions.
- Furthermore, it is believed that your first exposure to the Infernus is after you complete all of Bernie's missions. But if you compete in Brucie's races early on, it is likely that you will see at least one of them. You can kill the driver and steal it but you will cancel the race and your favour with Brucie will go down.
- In GTA IV Multiplayer it can be seen driving around the streets of Liberty City.
- Stevie will send you a message that he requires an Infernus to be delivered in his garage. If you find it, don't get in yet. Wait for one of the Infernus cars to appear. If you're lucky, you'll see one of them driving around, giving you a chance to steal it and store it in your safehouse.
- If you drive an NRG-900 around, especially in and around Star Junction, an Infernus should spawn eventually. To get an NRG-900, just go to Westdyke Autos, in Alderney.
Car Modification (GTA San Andreas)
- Wheels (ten types)
- Nitro (All)
- Infernus (GTA3) (rear).jpg
GTA III rendition; rear quarter view.
The Infernus in Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories.
The Infernus in Grand Theft Auto: Vice City.
The Infernus in Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories.
- Infernus (GTASA) (front).jpg
The Infernus in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas.
- Infernus (GTASA) (rear).jpg
GTA San Andreas rendition; rear quarter view.
- Infernus (GTA4) (front).jpg
The Infernus in Grand Theft Auto IV.
- Infernus (GTA4) (rear).jpg
GTA IV rendition; rear quarter view with a spoiler.
The Infernus in Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars