Introduction (GTA VC)
Sonny Forelli and two Forelli Family mobsters discussing what to do with Tommy Vercetti, also known as the Harwood Butcher, who is about to be released from prison after fifteen years.
|Game||GTA Vice City|
Saint Mark's, Portland, Liberty City|
Escobar International Airport, Vice City
Viceport, Vice City
Ocean Beach, Vice City
|Unlocks||An Old Friend|
The Introduction to Grand Theft Auto: Vice City consists of non-interactive cutscenes that begin as soon as a new game is started. These cutscenes show the player how the events of GTA Vice City came into play. The player can choose to skip the cutscenes to go to the interactive half of the introduction.
The introduction opens with Forelli Family Don Sonny Forelli, and Forelli mobsters Harry and Lee discussing what do do with recently released Forelli Family mobster Tommy Vercetti (also known as "The Harwood Butcher", due to his killing of eleven rival mobsters, earning him 15 years in prison). Sonny chooses to send Tommy down south to Vice City to man their drug operations there
Tommy Vercetti, along with Harry and Lee, exit the airport to find Forelli Family lawyer Ken Rosenberg waiting for them in his Admiral. Ken tells them that he will be driving them to the drug deal with the Vance Crime Family, who are keen to open relations with them and that if all goes well, they will end up richer. He also mentions that the suppliers are brothers, with one doing the flying, while the other is doing the dealing. After his explaination has finished, Tommy , Harry and Lee get into the Admiral and they drive off to the drug deal.
At the insistence of the Vance Crime Family, the deal was to be done on open ground, with a compound chosen as the location of the exchange. The Vance brothers arrive at the compound in a helicopter. Once the helicopter has touched down, the two parties got out to meet each other. Unknown to them however, three hitmen have hidden themselves behind some crates in the compound and are watching the deal. The deal appears to go well, until the hitmen burst out of hiding and open fire on the dealers. The dealer, Harry and Lee are killed by the gunfire, while Tommy manages to avoid the gunfire, dives into the Admiral, and flees, abandoning the money and drugs at the scene.
Ken, frightened at the events he has witnessed, agrily shouts that everytime he pokes his head "out of the gutter", "fate shovels shit in his face". Tommy tells Ken to get some sleep, which leads to Ken asking Tommy what he will be doing. Tommy says that he will drop by his office to sort out the mess. Parking the car in an alleyway, Ken gets out and runs back into his office. Tommy, meanwhile, steals the Admiral and drives to his suite in the Ocean View Hotel to talk with Sonny.
- See: /Script
- The first song heard in the game is "Broken Wings" by Mr. Mister during the first cutscene. It can also be heard on the radio station Emotion 98.3.
- The song heard when Tommy Vercetti is walking out of the airport and meeting Ken Rosenberg is "Mama Papa Tu" by Mongo Santamaría and can also be heard on the radio station Radio Espantoso.
- The song heard when entering the Admiral after the introduction scenes is always "Billie Jean", by Michael Jackson on the PC version. The song is also featured on the radio station Flash FM.
- A dead man can be seen on a meat-hook in the room behind Sonny Forelli.
- When Tommy arrives at the airport, an airplane can be seen landing on the curved runway. Realistically it is not possible land like that, strongly hinting a straight runway used to be there instead.
- Using the Blow Up All Cars cheat will cause the game to crash.
- This mission is the only mission where a black Maverick will appear. The Maverick is impossible to obtain without the use of modifications or trainers.
|PC Version - GTASeriesVideos|