The Jetpack is a $60 million vehicle in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas. It gives the player the ability to fly while on foot, allowing for both high-flying exploration and for super-fast "hit and run" assaults on enemies—although slower than most vehicles at full speed, it offers the player far greater agility than any normal vehicle, at the expense of leaving the player fully exposed to gunfire.
The Jetpack is unique, being a vehicle which behaves like a pickup -- it hangs in the air when not in use, and is activated instantly when Carl Johnson walks into it. It allows for directional control with two omnidirectional nozzle-like jets providing thrust; strangely, the nozzles do not seem to burn or otherwise harm CJ, despite being inches from his shoulders. When using the Jetpack, the player can only fire one handed weapons, although, somewhat incongruously, these can be dual-wielded.
The Jetpack is a prototype created in the US military's underground lab in Area 69; Carl Johnson steals it for The Truth in the mission Black Project. Due to the secrecy of the project, The Truth is the only civilian other than CJ to know of its existence. After this mission, the Jetpack will respawn at Verdant Meadows. CJ later uses it to attack a military train in the mission Green Goo . The Jetpack is permanently available in Verdant Meadows after completing the Black Project mission and it can also be accessed at any time through cheats.
The Jetpack can help you access the hidden interiors. See Hidden Interiors Universe
- If the player is shot dead while flying the Jetpack, they will remain alive while airborne, however the jetpack will slowly gravitate towards the ground, then when it hits the surface, CJ will automatically dismount the Jetpack and then be wasted.
- If player spawns the jetpack while riding a bicycle (BMX,Mountain Bike or Bike), the player can ride the bicycle without pedaling it. If the player is on a Mountain Bike they can reach highway speed easily, allowing the player to ride one on the highways.
- The Cheat for the Jetpack is:
- PC: rocketman
- PS2: LEFT, RIGHT, L1, L2, R1, R2, UP, DOWN, LEFT, RIGHT
- XBOX: LEFT, RIGHT ,black, white, R, L, DOWN, LEFT, RIGHT
- If the player either uses Blue Hell or uses the Freeway to enter Area 69, if they manage to make it to the launch bay, the jetpack will be hovering where it was in Black Project