| This page needs to be cleaned up to meet the standards of Grand Theft Wiki.
Summarize the plot, detailed plot can go into respective mission articles
[[Appearance::Grand Theft Auto IV|
The Lost and Damned
The Ballad of Gay Tony]]
|Full Name||Jonathan Klebitz|
Johnny The Jew
Klebitz The Heeb
|Date of Birth||[[Error: Invalid time.|1974 (Age 34)]]|
|Place of Birth||Acter, Alderney|
Michael Klebitz (brother)|
Ashley Butler (ex-girlfriend)
Leila Sharpe (ex-girlfriend)
The Lost Brotherhood|
Thomas Stubbs III
custom Hexer (also sometimes seen with a Hellfury or a Lycan)|
Dislikes cars, as told to Stubbs
|Voiced by||Scott Hill|
Jonathan "Johnny" Klebitz is a 34-year old character in the GTA IV era, appearing in Grand Theft Auto IV, Grand Theft Auto: The Lost and Damned and Grand Theft Auto: The Ballad of Gay Tony, the second of which he is the protagonist for. In 2008, Johnny is the acting leader of The Lost Brotherhood motorcycle gang, while the gang's leader, Billy Grey, who was been incarcerated. While he is the leader, Klebitz maintains a relative peace between The Lost Brotherhood and the gang's rival, The Angels of Death.
Jonathan Klebitz was born in 1974, and at age 34, he is the oldest of the three GTA IV protagonists (Johnny, Luis, and Niko). He was born in Acter, Alderney (likely grew up there, as he still lives in Alderney) in a Jewish family. It is implied that his parents always thought he would not amount to much (In Off Route, Johnny steals a bus and sometimes says, "My mother told me I'd grow up to be a bus driver."). He has a brother, Michael Klebitz, who introduced him to Billy Grey as children in 1984 when Johnny was 10 and Michael/Billy were both 15. Ironically, Michael is a soldier serving in Iraq, is a law-abiding citizen, and criticizes Johnny's biker behavior and criminal association with Billy.
Adult life as a biker
Johnny's criminal record shows rigorous activity between 1991 and 1994, when Johnny would have been between 17 and 20. He was put in prison soon after, and had a parole violation in 2000, meaning he did up to six years. Klebitz tells a friend of Thomas Stubbs that he has not had a job since he was been released from prison. One of the patches on Johnny's jacket reads 'I Rode Mine Las Venturas 2004’ that is a reference to the notorious River Run Riot in 2002. Among his many scars, it is been also implied he has a bad eye, when talking to Clay Simons he says "Oh. I should use my good eye." In a conversation with Billy Grey early on in the Lost and Damned, Johnny states that he weighs 230 lbs.
Johnny, unlike Billy Grey, cares about the future of The Lost Brotherhood and its members, but is quick to shut down anyone who is wrong or disobeys him. Before Jim was murdered, he seemed to care more about the Lost Brotherhood than his friends did. Johnny also has a lot more common sense than the other bikers do. He and Ashley Butler used to date, but Klebitz ended the relationship with her due to her sleeping with Billy Grey, and her drug addiction. He still cares for her, but believes the drugs have completely taken over her. He will still do anything to protect her, as shown when he receives a phone call from her and drops what he was doing to give her aid. As well as Butler, Johnny also sympathizes with Roman, a stranger to him in the mission "Roman's Holiday," even asking the Russians to go easy on him, though Johnny had no choice in the kidnapping.
"The Lost and Damned"
Immediately, when Billy Grey gets out of rehab he became angry with Johnny for not having his bike ready for him. Then Grey proceeded to start a fight with The Angels of Death (A.O.D.) just so he could reunite with his bike. This created tension, not only between the two gangs, but also between Billy and Johnny. This quickly escalated into a war between the Lost and the A.o.D.
Billy Grey threw several parties at the Lost clubhouse to celebrate his release from prison. While being visited by part-time lawyer, part-time biker, Dave Grossman, Klebitz had a sit-down with Billy and the two discussed the tension between them. When they began to start agreeing with each others' point of view, Grey got sent text message from someone, informing of some members of The Lost being jumped by members of The Angels of Death. After rescuing the attacked Lost members, Grey was informed of the death of Jason Michaels, who was killed by an unknown hired gun (which was actually Niko Bellic).
Grey manipulated the situation by blaming the Angels of Death in order to rally the gang to attack their clubhouse, even after he informed other members of The Lost Brotherhood that it was a "Pole" or "Serb" hitman. During the attack, Grey found two duffle bags full of heroin, and planned to steal and sell them. This created even more tension between Klebitz and Grey.
Billy later called Klebitz and told him to speak with Elizabeta Torres, who had found a buyer for the stolen heroin. Torres informed Klebitz about the deal and sent Niko Bellic (who Klebitz obviously did not recognize as Jason's killer) and Playboy X to accompany him. The deal, however, was an undercover LCPD sting operation. After some commotion, Klebitz escaped with the heroin.
The Lost Brotherhood later found out that the heroin they stole from The Angels of Death originally belonged to the Triads. Grey and Jeremy thought that they should keep the heroin, but Klebitz and Fitzgerald convinced the gang to get rid of it, due to the LCPD being onto them. The four of them went to the deal, but only Klebitz and Fitzgerald went in to speak to the Triads, who immediately shoot at them and stole the heroin. As they escaped to a rooftop, they saw Billy Grey crash his bike, which was been arrested by LCPD and screamed out that Klebitz set him up. This eventually split the Lost into two enemy factions, one led by Klebitz and one by Jeremy (after this event, Johnny's jacket changed from reading Vice President to Loyal President).
Jim Fitzgerald introduced Klebitz to Malc and DeSean of the Uptown Riders. Once again, Johnny spoke with Elizabeta Torres and she said that she needed a job done, pairing him with his new allies Malc and DeSean. Fitzgerald later introduced Klebitz to Ray Boccino, a Capo of the Pegorino Family, who directed Klebitz to Brian Jeremy's hideout (because Boccino believed the Lost civil war is bad for business), which resulted in the eventual death of Jeremy.
Ashley Butler, an ex-girlfriend, pleaded for his help, saying that she was being held hostage for her debts to Dimitri Rascalov. As payment, Dimitri demanded that Klebitz kidnapped a man named Roman Bellic for him.
Later, Ray Boccino had Klebitz accompany Niko Bellic to a diamond deal with the Jewish Mob. Klebitz, however, took off with the money after Luis Fernando Lopez ambushed the deal. Ray kidnapped Fitzgerald in retaliation and tortured him in the basement of Drusilla's to try to get his money back, until Klebitz fell into a trap there and was been interrogated. The two later escaped and Johnny called Ashley Butler to meet her at the clubhouse. Ashley told him that Boccino had her convince Johnny to work with him in the first place so Ray can use The Lost Brotherhood, while neglecting their pay. She also revealed that Jim Fitzgerald has been killed by one of Boccino's hitmen who, unknown to Klebitz, was actually Niko Bellic again.
Upon this loss, Thomas Stubbs III met with Johnny at the clubhouse, and informed him that Boccino will either be in jail or dead in a month, as well as Billy Grey's plans to rat out Johnny and Angus Martin, fellow member of The Lost, in order to be released from prison. Johnny got everyone left in the Alderney Chapter of The Lost Brotherhood to break into the Alderney State Correctional Facility, and Klebitz personally killed Billy. After escaping the prison, Klebitz and the remaining members discovered the Lost MC clubhouse was been ransacked and been destroyed by Ray's goons. Johnny ordered the remains of the Lost MC clubhouse burned down, and the surviving members of The Lost Brotherhood (he, Terry, Clay and Angus) watched the clubhouse burn.
Murders committed by Johnny
- Ed McCornish - Killed for blackmailing Jim Fitzgerald
- Jimmy Matthews - Killed for blackmailing Jim Fitzgerald.
- Arthur Stubbs - Killed on orders of Thomas Stubbs III and makes it look like a terrorist act.
- Brian Jeremy - Killed for betraying him.
- Evan Moss - Killed for having the diamonds for the trade.
- Billy Grey - Killed for attempting to rat out The Lost Brotherhood.
LCPD Database record
First Name: Johnny
Place of Birth: Acter, Alderney
Affiliations: Member of the Alderney Chapter of the Lost OMG
- 1991 - Grand Theft Auto
- 1993 - Assault
- 1994 - Manslaughter
- 2000 - Parole Violation
- Believed to be the second in command of the Alderney Chapter of the Lost Outlaw Motorcycle Gang.
- Assumed control of the gang when its head, Billy Grey, was been incarcerated.
- Exact nature of the relationship between Grey and Klebitz is unknown.
- Under his command, the Lost MC has been able to co-exist with their rivals the Angels of Death in relative peace.
- Ties to known South Bohan drug dealer, Elizabeta Torres.
- If you move quickly, you can see Johnny fleeing down the staircase and out the back of the museum, when playing as Niko in the mission Museum Piece. If you kill him, however, you will fail the mission. According to the storyline in the The Lost and the Damned however, Niko escaped first, with Johnny following behind on the stairs, commenting on the amount of corpses left behind by Niko.
- Johnny's appearance from GTA IV to The Lost and Damned had slightly changed. In the original GTA IV, he wore a beige vest with The Lost Brotherhood logo on the back. This is seemingly a retcon.
- Players will eventually notice that Johnny walks, runs, and sprints slightly slower than Niko and Luis. This is explained ingame as Johnny having a slight limp, as a result of a biking accident before the start of the game.
- Johnny has a broken nose, the reason for that is not mentioned in the game.
- Johnny has another "pair of pants". It appears that the texture files include another texture for the pants model, but it was never used ingame.
- Whenever players go to save the game, Johnny has an unusally way of sleeping. Instead of lying down on the mattress like Niko and Luis, he simply sits down, puts his elbows on his knees, and knods off. The reason for this behavior is unknown, but it might be because both beds offered at either safehouse is incredibly flithy and he chooses not to lie down on them.
- After becoming Chapter President of The Lost in the mission This Shit's Cursed, his patch on his jacket changes from "Vice President" to "President". That explains the 2 texture files for his jacket in the game files.
- The Vice President one is: upper_diff_000_a_uni.wtd
- The President one is: upper_diff_000_b_uni.wtd
Johnny Klebitz (center) with other members of The Lost Brotherhood
Concept artwork of Johnny Klebitz on a Hexer