Difference between revisions of "Jon Gravelli"
(→LCPD Database record)
|Line 34:||Line 34:|
'''Place of Birth''':
'''Place of Birth''':
[[Meadow Hills]], Liberty City
[[Meadow Hills]],Liberty City
Revision as of 19:53, 22 May 2010
[[Appearance::Grand Theft Auto IV|
The Ballad of Gay Tony (Mentioned Online)]]
|Full Name||Jon Gravelli|
|Date of Birth||1923|
|Place of Birth||Meadow Hills, Liberty City|
|Date of Death||[[Error: Invalid time.|2008 (Age 85)]][[DOD::2008 (Age 85)| ]]|
|Age at Death|
|Nationality||[[Italian American|Italian American]]|
Jon Gravelli, Jr. (Son)|
Sonny Cangelosi (Uncle, deceased)
Jon Gravelli, Jr.
|Voiced by||Madison Arnold|
Gravelli took charge of the as the President of The Commission and Don of the Gambetti Family in 1978 after the death of Sonny Cangelosi. The Gambetti Family became one of the most powerful of Liberty City's Mafia families under Gravelli's leadership. He had a son, Jon Gravelli, Jr., who was a former associate of the Gambetti's but was disowned after he developed a cocaine addiction.
Since 2005, he was a patient in Schottler Medical Center. He was charged with racketeering in 2006 and was awaiting trial. In 2008, Gravelli was introduced to Niko Bellic via cellphone through his contact at U.L. Paper who is referred to as a "mutual friend". It was through his and U.L Paper's assistance that Niko is able to have Darko Brevic delivered to him. After Niko has taken his revenge on Dimitri Rascalov or Jimmy Pegorino, Gravelli passes away peacefully in his sleep, prior to standing trial.
LCPD Database record
First Name: Jon
Affiliations: Gambetti Crime Syndicate
- 1940 - Possession Gambling Records
- 1942 - Promoting Gambling
- 1942 - Assault
- 1944 - Grand theft Auto
- 1946 - Attempted Murder
- 1949 - Bribery
- 1990 - Racketeering and Murder
- 1992 - Obstruction of Justice
- 2006 - Racketeering
- Head of the Gambetti Crime Syndicate since the death of Sonny Cangelosi in 1978.
- Indicted several times but never convicted of a serious crime.
- Resident of the Schottler Medical Center for the last 3 years due to an allegedly serious illness.
Artwork of Jon Gravelli
- GTA IV
- He is currently the oldest character the the Grand Theft Auto series, being born in 1923.
- Jon Gravelli states that in 1972 "he would have killed Giovanni Ancelotti's uncle, but he spared him". That suggests there was a war between the Gambettis and Ancelottis around the 70's.
- He is most likely based on Carlo Gambino, former boss of the Gambino crime family, on which the Gambettis are based, and was also widely known to be the most powerful Mafia boss in New York City, he also might be based on current Gambino Boss John Gambino.
- Upon completion of the main story in Grand Theft Auto IV, Niko can read about Gravelli's death on the Liberty Tree website, under the article "Mob Boss Dies Before Trial".
- If you call Jon Gravelli it will say this number is not recognized but he can be called after missions.
- If you look at Gravelli's picture in the Liberty City Tree website in The Ballad of Gay Tony the picture is slightly above him instead of the picture in IV.
- Gravelli is one of the few characters in the GTA series to die of natural causes.