Difference between revisions of "Jon Gravelli"
|Line 18:||Line 18:|
'''Jon Gravelli''' (1923 - []) is an old school and well connected [[Mafia]] boss in [[Grand Theft Auto IV]].
'''Jon Gravelli''' (1923- []) is an old school and well connected [[Mafia]] boss in [[Grand Theft Auto IV]].
== Biography ==
== Biography ==
Revision as of 18:37, 25 December 2012
GTA IV |
The Ballad of Gay Tony
|Full Name||Jon Gravelli|
|Date of Birth||1923|
|Place of Birth||Meadow Hills, Liberty City|
|Date of Death||2008|
|Age at Death||85|
Jon Gravelli, Jr. (son)|
Sonny Cangelosi (uncle, deceased)
Jon Gravelli, Jr.
United Liberty Paper
|Voiced by||Madison Arnold|
Jon Gravelli was born in Meadow Hills, Dukes. His criminal record dates back to 1940, when he was first arrested for running a gambling operation at only 17-18 years old. Rigorous criminal activity continued through his twenties, including car theft, attempted murder and bribery, though his LCPD record states that he had never been in prison his whole life.
Gravelli took charge of the as the Boss of The Commission ("Boss of Bosses") and Don of the Gambetti Crime Family in 1978 after the death of his uncle Sonny Cangelosi, when Gravelli was 55. The Gambetti Family became the most powerful of Liberty City's Mafia families under Gravelli's leadership. He had a son, Jon Gravelli, Jr., who was a former associate of the Gambetti's but was disowned after he developed a cocaine addiction.
In his late sixties, during the early 1990s, he was arrested twice again and beat both cases. Since 2005, he was a patient in Schottler Medical Center. He was charged with racketeering in 2006 and was awaiting trial - as many other organized crime figures had done, people believed Gravelli was faking his illnesses to avoid trial, but were proven wrong when he stayed hospitalized for his remaining years. In 2008, Gravelli was introduced to Niko Bellic via cellphone through his contact at United Liberty Paper who is referred to as a "mutual friend". It was through his and U.L Paper's assistance that Niko is able to have Darko Brevic delivered to him. After Niko has taken his revenge on Dimitri Rascalov and/or Jimmy Pegorino, Gravelli passes away peacefully in his sleep, prior to standing trial.
LCPD Database record
First Name: Jon
Affiliations: Gambetti Crime Syndicate
- 1940 - Possession Gambling Records
- 1942 - Promoting Gambling
- 1942 - Assault
- 1944 - Grand theft Auto
- 1946 - Attempted Murder
- 1949 - Bribery
- 1990 - Racketeering and Murder
- 1992 - Obstruction of Justice
- 2006 - Racketeering
- Head of the Gambetti Crime Syndicate since the death of Sonny Cangelosi in 1978.
- Indicted several times but never convicted of a serious crime.
- Resident of the Schottler Medical Center for the last 3 years due to an allegedly serious illness.
- GTA IV
- Jon Gravelli states that in 1972 "he would have killed Giovanni Ancelotti's uncle, but he spared him". That suggests there was a war between the Gambettis and Ancelottis around the 70's.
- He is most likely based on Carlo Gambino, former boss of the Gambino crime family, on which the Gambettis are based, although his name shares similarities with John Gotti.
- Upon completion of the main story in Grand Theft Auto IV, Niko can read about Gravelli's death on the Liberty Tree website, under the article "Mob Boss Dies Before Trial".
- If you call Jon Gravelli it will say this number is not recognized but he can be called after missions.
- If you look at Gravelli's picture in the Liberty City Tree website in The Ballad of Gay Tony the picture is slightly above him instead of the picture in IV.
- It's noted numerous times that Gravelli bought his illness upon himself to prevent, or at least delay, prosecution.
- Jon Gravelli is one of the few characters in the GTA Universe that dies from a natural cause.