[[Appearance::Grand Theft Auto IVThe Ballad of Gay Tony (Mentioned Online)]]
|Full Name||Jon Gravelli|
|Date of Birth||1923|
|Place of Birth||Meadow Hills, Liberty City|
|Date of Death||[[Error: Invalid time.|2008 (age 85)]]|
|Age at Death|
|Nationality||[[Italian American|Italian American]]|
Jon Gravelli, Jr. (Son)|
Sonny Cangelosi (Uncle, deceased)
Jon Gravelli, Jr.
|Voiced by||Madison Arnold|
Gravelli took charge of the Gambetti Family in 1978 after the death of Sonny Cangelosi. The Gambetti Family became one of the most powerful of Liberty City's Mafia families under Gravelli's leadership. He had a son, Jon Gravelli, Jr., who was a former associate of the Gambetti's but was disowned after he developed a cocaine addiction.
Since 2005, he was a patient in Schottler Medical Center. He was charged with racketeering in 2006 and was awaiting trial. In 2008, Gravelli was introduced to Niko Bellic via cellphone through his contact at U.L. Paper who is referred to as a "mutual friend". It was through his and U.L Paper's assistance that Niko is able to have Darko Brevic delivered to him. After Niko has taken his revenge on Dimitri Rascalov or Jimmy Pegorino, Gravelli passes away peacefully in his sleep, prior to standing trial.
LCPD Database record
- Surname: Gravelli
- First Name: Jon
- Age: 85
- Place of Birth: Meadow Hills, Liberty City
- Affiliations: Gambetti Crime Syndicate
- Criminal Record:
- 1940 - Possession Gambling Records
- 1942 - Promoting Gambling
- 1942 - Assault
- 1944 - Grand theft Auto
- 1946 - Attempted Murder
- 1949 - Bribery
- 1990 - Racketeering and Murder
- 1992 - Obstruction of Justice
- 2006 - Racketeering
- Head of the Gambetti Crime Syndicate since the death of Sonny Cangelosi in 1978.
- Indicted several times but never convicted of a serious crime.
- Resident of the Schottler Medical Center for the last 3 years due to an allegedly serious illness.
- John Gravelli.jpg
Artwork of Jon Gravelli
- He is currently the oldest character the the Grand Theft Auto series, being born in 1923.
- He is probably based on John Gotti, former boss of the New York City based Gambino Family, on which the Gambettis are based, or John Gambino, current Caporegime of the family.
- Jon Gravelli states that in 1972 "he would have killed Giovanni Ancelotti's uncle, but he spared him". That suggests there was a war between the Gambettis and Ancelottis around 1972.
- Upon completion of the main story in Grand Theft Auto IV, Niko can read about Gravelli's death on the Liberty Tree website, under the article "Mob Boss Dies Before Trial".