|Joseph Daniel O'Toole|
|Appearances||GTA Liberty City Stories|
|Full Name||Joseph Daniel O'Toole|
|Date of Death||1998 (during The Made Man)|
|Home||Portland, Liberty City|
|Businesses||Paulie's Revue Bar|
|Voiced by||Greg Wilson|
Joseph Daniel O'Toole is a character in the 3D Universe who appears as a supporting character in Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories. He is the manager of Paulie's Revue Bar. He is voiced by Greg Wilson.
Joseph Daniel O'Toole is an Irish-American resident of Liberty City. JD has a bizarre, perverse sexual appetite and once went to prison for statutory rape, though he insists the girl he slept with was 18. He may have been raped in prison, and after release the FBI continued to investigate him as a possible sex offender, searching his computer hard drive at one point.
In 1994 or earlier, JD began managing Don Paulie Sindacco's strip club in the Red Light District, Paulie's Revue Bar. Toni Cipriani became somewhat familiar with him before then, and gave him an opportunity to work for the Leone family before he accepted the Sindacco's offer. JD also borrowed a few thousand dollars from Toni.
In 1998, after Toni returned to Liberty City from four years in hiding, JD felt his position in the Sindacco family was a dead-end job and wanted to switch to the Leone's. Vincenzo Cilli sends Toni to kill JD's boss in the Sindacco's and continue working with him. JD paid his debt and became a valuable informant for the Leone family, before don Salvatore Leone personally took the Revue Bar by siege and officially made JD a Leone associate. Only days later, during refurbishment of the bar (which transformed it into Sex Club Seven), Salvatore makes JD a made man - Toni and Mickey Hamfists drive him to the 'ceremony' at the Harwood car crusher and Hamfists, on Salvatore's orders, kills JD with a shot to the head. Ironically, JD betraying his boss Paulie Sindacco made Salvatore Leone feel like he couldn't trust JD. Sex Club Seven was ran by trusted Leone member Luigi Goterelli, and Hamfists served as his bodyguard.
- The execution of Joseph Daniel O'Toole, being shot in the back of the head in a car in a secluded area whilst on an apparent assignment, is similar to the execution of Paulie Gatto in the novel and film The Godfather.
- JD's Favorite radio station is Flashback FM.
- JD owns a fireproof Rumpo, that has a unique vanilla-cream color.
- O'Toole also appears to take influence from Henry Hill in the film Goodfellas, both having Irish ancestry and not being made because of this.
- A tombstone for O'Toole is placed at the Liberty City Cemetery, despite his body being disposed of in the sea.
- In the mission Salvatore's Salvation, O'Toole suggests that his uncle is a pedophile.
- In a pre-release screenshot of GTA Liberty City Stories, O'Toole is shown to wear purple glasses.
- Since he also works for the Sindacco gang who watch JD constantly and who are the Leone enemies, you can't do his missions if you wear a 'Leone's Suit'.
- His last name, O'Toole may be a reference to the word "Tool", considering the way it is pronounced.
- GTA Liberty City Stories
Joseph Daniel O'Toole about to be killed during The Made Man