In 1998, Toni Cipriani and Kazuki Kasen engage in a katana duel on the roof of the Big Shot Casino with katanas (though the player may choose to use other weapons.). The same occurs between Snakehead and Carl Johnson, on a freighter off San Fierro in 1992. In both cases, the player may pull out a gun and quickly kill the opponent. Mike uses the Katana to force Mafia members into slavery in the GTA Advance mission Down the River.
In GTA San Andreas, there is a glitch that will cause Carl Johnson to be able to run around without a head. To exploit this glitch, start a multiplayer game making sure player two has a Katana. When it starts have player two cut off player one's head with the Katana. This will cause the multiplayer session to end. Once it returns to one player mode, CJ won't have a head, and can stay like that for as long as the player desires.
- GTA Vice City
- GTA San Andreas
- Idlewood, Los Santos - Behind the wooden fence east of the Idlewood 24/7.
- Chinatown, San Fierro - In a dead-end alley directly south of the Chinatown Safehouse.
- Hashbury, San Fierro - In the underground pedestrian tunnel behind the Hippy Shopper.
- El Quebrados, Tierra Robada - Behind a small building in the trailer park in the north part of El Quebrados. From the El Quebrados Safehouse, head north and cross the street. Once you cross the street you should see a black, white, and blue trailer ahead of you. Go to the north end of this trailer and turn left. You should see a small building that does not look like a trailer. The Katana is at the north part of this small building.
- Pirates In Men's Pants, Las Venturas - At the south part of the pirate ship which is at the south part of the lagoon for the Pirates In Men's Pants Safehouse.
- Pilgrim, Las Venturas - Behind the stone lions just north of the Pilgrim Cluckin' Bell.
- The Four Dragons Casino, Las Venturas - At the southeast corner of The Four Dragons Casino area, hidden amongst some trees and bushes.
- GTA Liberty City Stories
- GTA Vice City Stories