|Appearances||[[Appearance::Grand Theft Auto IV]]|
|Full Name||Kate McReary|
|Date of Birth||[[Error: Invalid time.|1980 (age 28-29)]]|
|Place of Birth||Dukes, Liberty City|
Maureen McReary (Mother)|
Mr. McReary (Father)
Patrick McReary (Brother)
Francis McReary (Brother)
Gerald McReary (Brother)
Derrick McReary (Brother)
Niko Bellic (Boyfriend)
|Voiced by||Mary Catherine Donnelly|
Kate McReary (born 1980) is a potential love interest of Grand Theft Auto IV protagonist Niko Bellic. She is the sister of Patrick, Francis, Gerald and Derrick McReary, and the daughter and youngest child of Maureen and Mr. McReary. At first, Packie tells Niko to stay away from her, but later encourages Niko to go out with Kate. She holds traditional values, and according to Patrick, "she won't put out". Despite this, you are still given the option to try and join Kate inside.
According to Patrick, Kate witnessed several bloody fights between her brothers; seeing Gerry beating Francis was a traumatic childhood experience for her. Over time she has apparently become accustomed to living close to violent crime, falling for Niko despite disapproving of his lifestyle. She plays a pivotal role at the end of GTA IV's story.
Kate is a bit more complicated to date than the other girlfriends. She prefers Niko to wear clothing from Modo, despite many people believing that she prefers clothing from the Russian Shop. Her activities are also limited as well, seeing as how she does not like to go bowling, or see a show at both Perestroika and Split Sides. And as stated before, no matter how many times you try to "try your luck" at the end of a date, you'll never be invited inside.
Cars Kate Likes:
Restaurants/Bars Kate Likes:
- 69th Street Diner or any other diner.
- Burger Shot
- Cluckin' Bell
- An unnamed Italian restaurant in Little Italy
- Steinway Beer Garden
- Comrades Bar
- Lucky Winkles
- Jerkov's Bar
Venues Kate Likes:
|Spoiler Warning: Plot and/or ending details are in the text which follows.|
Depending on the players choice of ending, Kate can die in the mission Mr and Mrs Bellic. If the player chooses "Deal", Kate goes on to live, whereas if you choose "Revenge", she meets her end at the hands of Jimmy Pegorino at Roman's wedding.
If the "Deal" option is chosen, Kate berates Niko for doing the deal, and does not attend the wedding. After Niko kills Dimitri to avenge Roman, Kate calls him, telling him that she heard of his cousin's death, and will be there for him.
- Kate has never committed a crime or misdemeanor. This is confirmed from main missions & dating side missions dialogue, as well as not having a record in the LCPD Database.
- If the "Revenge" option is chosen, Kate dies at Roman's wedding. However, there is a glitch where she may still call Niko from time to time as Unknown Caller to make a date. As her contact is deleted from the phonebook, she cannot be called back.Absurdely enough,if the "Deal" option is chosen,she wants no more to see Niko,and then cannot be dated again.
- Kate is the youngest of the McReary Family.