|Keep Your Friends Close...|
Tommy Vercetti, Lance Vance and Ken Rosenberg discussing what to do about the impending visit from Forelli Family Don Sonny Forelli.
|Game||GTA Vice City|
|Location||Starfish Island, Vice City|
Death of Tommy Vercetti|
Arrest of Tommy Vercetti
Failing to keep the mafia from stealing all the money
Vercetti Gang members carry Uzis
Completion of GTA Vice City storyline
|Unlocked by||Cap the Collector|
As Tommy Vercetti's lordship over Vice City's underworld increases, so does Sonny Forelli's anger that Tommy is taking over Vice City. After failing to forcibly tax Tommy's expanding business ventures, Sonny arrives in Vice City himself to deal with Tommy in person. Forewarned of Sonny's arrival, Tommy sets aside $3 million in counterfeit cash in an attempt to placate him.
However, when Sonny finally arrives, the treacherous Lance Vance openly betrays Tommy, citing "business" as his motivation. At the same time, Tommy is also reeling from the realization that the 15 years he spent in prison on behalf of the Forelli Family was the result of an ambush orchestrated by Sonny himself.
These revelations precipitate an enormous gun battle inside Vercetti Estate. First, Tommy kills Lance on the rooftop of the mansion, then goes on to kill Sonny at the base of the staircase of the foyer along with all his guards. Tommy is also presumably injured during the gunfight as the end cutscene depicts Rosenberg saying that Tommy ruined his suit. (He says this no matter what Tommy is wearing, even though there are no indicators of injury, like blood). With all his enemies vanquished, and his loose ends tied up, Tommy establishes himself as the undisputed crime kingpin of Vice City, replacing the now deceased Lance Vance with Ken Rosenberg as his right hand man.
(Tommy's office, Tommy Vercetti, Lance Vance and Ken Rosenberg.)
Tommy Vercetti: What's going on?
Ken Rosenberg: Tommy! Oh good, good. Listen, listen. Uh, listen, I like fish. I love fish. I love them as pets in bowls, or as food on a plate, but as much as I love em, I don't want to sleep with them. Okay, but right now your Italian brothers are coming from up there to fit me with some cement shoes, and I...
Tommy Vercetti: Shut up Ken. Sit down. Lance, what the hell's going on?
Lance Vance: It's your friends up north Tommy. They ain't too happy you capped their man. They're coming down to see the business today.
Tommy Vercetti: They took longer than I thought... Guys, we gotta make this final, we gotta leave no doubt that this operation is mine. Mine! Ken, you get the first run of counterfeit cash and put three mil in briefcases. Lance, you get the guys together...
(Vercetti Estate, Tommy, Lance, Ken and Sonny Forelli.)
Sonny Forelli: Tommy! What? No big hugs for your old buddy?
Tommy Vercetti: I've had fifteen years out of the loop, I'm a bit rusty on family etiquette.
Sonny Forelli: Always angry, eh Tommy? Didn't I say your temper would get you into trouble, huh?
Tommy Vercetti: There's three mil in the cases...
Sonny Forelli: How many was it? Ten? No, eleven men. That's how you get to be called the Harwood Butcher! Heh-heh-heh!
Tommy Vercetti: You sent me to kill one man, ONE MAN. They knew I was coming, Sonny...
Sonny Forelli: Tommy, Tommy, watch your tone... Anyone would think you blame me for that unfortunate set of circumstances.
Tommy Vercetti: Just take the money...
Sonny Forelli: Get the damn cash. You know, Tommy? I did what I could for you, I pulled strings, called in favors. I was your friend, Tommy. I hoped you'd see sense, see what's good for business. I trusted you, Tommy, and you disappointed me. But at least someone in your chicken shit organization knows how to do business. Isn't that right, Lance?
(Lance betrays Tommy and Ken.)
Lance Vance: I'm sorry Tommy. This is Vice City. This is business.
Tommy Vercetti: You sold us out...
Lance Vance: No, I sold YOU out, Tommy. I sold YOU out. The real cash is upstairs in the safe.
Sonny Forelli: Tommy, what was the big plan? You think I'd just take the fake cash? Save face and run away with my tail between my legs?!
Tommy Vercetti: No. I just wanted to piss you off before I kill you.
(Vercetti Estate. Tommy and Lance.)
Lance Vance: No one to cover your ass now, eh Tommy?
Tommy Vercetti: You're going down, you back stabbing prick!
Lance Vance: Oh you think so!
(Lance runs to the staircase.)
Tommy Vercetti: Come here you double-crossing piece of shit!
Lance Vance: You're history, Tommy, history!
(Vercetti Estate helipad. Tommy and Lance.)
Tommy Vercetti: This is the last dance for Lance Vance!
Lance Vance: I said I had enough of that at school!
(Tommy killed Lance.)
Tommy Vercetti: You picked the wrong side, Lance...
(Vercetti Estate, Tommy and Sonny.)
Tommy Vercetti: You took fifteen years from me Sonny... And now I'm gonna make you pay!
Sonny Forelli: You still don't get it do you! I OWN you, Tommy. Those fifteen years were mine to spend! Get him boys, he never understood a thing.
(Tommy kills Sonny. Vercetti Estate, Tommy and Ken.)
Ken Rosenberg: Tommy? Oh my god, Tommy! What happened?
Tommy Vercetti: What does it look like?
Ken Rosenberg: It looks like you ruined your suit! And Tommy, that was a beautiful suit! Tommy, what on earth happened?
Tommy Vercetti: I had a disagreement with a business associate, you know how it is.
Ken Rosenberg: Tommy, I have a disagreement, I send them an angry letter. Maybe I pee in their mailbox. I don't start World War III. You know, maybe you should speak to my shrink...
Tommy Vercetti: That stupid prick, Lance...
Ken Rosenberg: Tommy, I never liked that guy, okay? He's neurotic, he's insecure, he's self-centered - the guy's an asshole! I'm glad you took him out!
Tommy Vercetti: I don't think we're gonna be getting any more heat from up north, either... 'cause there ain't no 'up north', anymore. It's all down south now.
Ken Rosenberg: Wait, does that mean what I think it means...? Tommy, baby!
Tommy Vercetti: What do you think it means?
Ken Rosenberg: That we're in charge... I mean, that you're in charge. Oh, Tommy!
Tommy Vercetti: You know, Ken. I think this could be the beginning of a beautiful business relationship... After all, you're a conniving, backstabbing, two-bit thief, and I'm a convicted psychotic killer and drug dealer.
Ken Rosenberg: I know. Ain't it just beautiful?
The reward for completing this mission is $30,000 and a Hunter will spawn inside Fort Baxter or on a helipad in south Ocean Beach if the player has collected all 100 Hidden Packages. Also members of the Vercetti Gang will carry Uzis.
- For some reason, when the audio was first done, Tommy says to put 20 million in the briefcases, not three like the subtitles say.
- After killing Lance Vance on the rooftop of the Vercetti Estate, Tommy can actually leave the mansion. If the player heads over to Prawn Island and Vice Point over towards Prawn Island, the player will find Forelli Family mobsters spawning there, instead of the usual Sharks mobsters.
- It is possible to kill Lance before he reaches the mansion rooftop. However, the player will require a Minigun, Flamethrower or Rocket Launcher in order to achieve this. The player receives no penalty for doing so.
- Lance is pre-scripted to always appear in front of the player. So if the player tries to run to the area where Lance is firing at the player from, instead of shooting him, Lance will automatically teleport to an area in front of the player and continue firing at him.
- The Forelli Family's Stretches appear in a unique silver paint job, instead of the normal white paint job. Provided that the player does not destroy them during the mission, the player can save one at their garages if they wish to do so.
- The mission is a reference to the film Scarface as it has many parallels including the ending.
- The mission name 'Keep Your Friends Close...' is most likely derived from Michael Corleone's (The Godfather Part II) quote 'My father taught me many things here - he taught me in this room. He taught me - keep your friends close but your enemies closer.'
- A mistake is evident in the subtitles. It features Sonny saying "Tomyy, Tommy, watch your tone."
- The final words of Tommy are similar to the quote "I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship" from the 1942 film Casablanca.
|PC Version - GTASeriesVideos|