|Full Name||Kim Young-Guk|
|Date of Birth||1978|
|Place of Birth||North Korea|
|Date of Death||2008 (during Dining Out)|
|Age at Death||30|
|Family||Park Young-Guk (father)|
Kim Young-Guk was born in North Korea in 1978 to Park Young-Guk and his unnamed partner. In 2003, having moved to Liberty City, attempts to bring "Superdollars", or counterfeit US dollars made overseas into Liberty City. He was arrested on charges of trademark counterfeiting and was deported back to North Korea. By 2008 he had returned to the city, unbeknownst to the police, made contact with Derrick McReary and Niko Bellic using his fathers contacts. Derrick and Niko help to protect the boat used to smuggle in the counterfeit money from rivals and follow Young-Guk to a docking point in Bohan. His success, however, makes Gambetti Family Don Jon Gravelli see him as a threat and asks Niko to kill him. Niko is also given this task by the United Liberty Paper Contact, who works for the IAA. Niko finds him at the Mr Fuks Ricebox restaurant and, after a chase, is killed by Niko.
LCPD Database information
First Name: Kim
Place of Birth: North Korea
- 2003 - Trademark Counterfeiting
- North Korean national.
- Deported after being caught entering the country with counterfeit goods.
- Reports indicate that he may return to the US soon.
- Kim is the given name and Young-Guk is the family name, which contradicts the Korean naming convention of placing the family name first followed by the given name.
- Kim Young-Guk's name may have been inspired by Kim Jong-il, the former Supreme Leader of North Korea or the word "Gook", which is used as a derogatory and racist term for Korean people.
- Derrick McReary: "This is a Korean guy I did business with back in Ireland. He's bringing Super Notes into the country tonight."
From the mission Babysitting.
- Jon Gravelli: "Listen, I need you to deal with this. Eliminate the guy. What he's doing is no good for the economy, and no good for patriots like you and me."
From the mission Dining Out.