L.C. Cage Fighters
Underground Cage Fighting is a fighting minigame in The Ballad of Gay Tony. It is introduced to the player by Santo during the mission "Momma's Boy". Luis Lopez can either compete for $100 or spectate for $50. While spectating, bets can be placed on the winner. Each time the player defeats an opponent, the loser's body stays on the ring, and a new challenger is put in the next round. If Luis loses and is knocked out, the player is taken to Holland Hospital Center. Beating all rounds rewards the player with the Bear Fight achievement. As the player progresses to the next round, opponents bring baseball bats and Knifes.
- To easily win the first few rounds, keep your distance. Eventually, your opponent will flex and flip his middle fingers. This is your chance to throw as many punches at him as possible.
- If you aren't up for a fight, just run straight towards them and push them over and over. If they fall, don't let them get up.
- When you miss a punch or get too close, the opponent will push you aside, making the player fatigue.
- If you're quick, you can easily counter a weapon wielding fighter and remove it from their hands.
- Be very careful when the knife fighters come out. They move very quickly and the stabs do lots of damage.
- The more health you save, the more chance you have at winning. Try to get the least amount of damage done to you in each round; make good use of dodging and counter-attacks.
- If you don't have enough health, spectate and it will be regained to full health.
- Making counters is a easy way to take out a foe in one shot, but isn't recommended when in later levels.
- If you are in need of money you can save your game and spectate then bet all your money and if you loss you can just load your game and retry this method until your fighter wins. By doing this method you will be awarded the "Half a million" achievement/trophy.
- Each round contains three opponents.
- At the end of each round, your health is raised by 25%
- If you quit a game, the club will be closed for a while.
- When you die, you spawn at the hospital as usual but you don't lose money.
- There is a reference to The Karate Kid as spectators can be heard screaming "Sweep the leg, Johnny"!
- There is another reference to the Monkey Island Saga as certain fighters taunt you with 'You fight like a cow!', which is a signature phrase in the insult swordfighting.
- You sometimes hear someone in the crowd yell "two men enter, one man leaves," which is what the crowd chants in Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome during the fight scene in the Thunderdome.
- All of the fighters appear to be right handed since they all use an orthodox stance.