Donald Love asking Claude to rescue the Old Oriental Gentleman, who Claude met shortly before he was kidnapped by the Colombian Cartel.
|Target||Rescuing the Old Oriental Gentleman|
|Location||Bedford Point, Staunton Island, Liberty City|
Death of the Old Oriental Gentleman
|Unlocked by||Evidence Dash|
Claude goes to see Donald Love, who thanks him for dealing with a "personal matter". He also informs Claude of knowing an "Old Oriental Gentleman" who is now kidnapped by the Colombian Cartel and he wants Claude to rescue him from a Cartel compound in Aspatria.
Claude steals a Cartel Cruiser and is automatically allowed inside the compound but is quickly recognized by the Colombians, so he kills all the Colombians before finding the Old Oriental Gentleman in one of several garages (where at least one Cartel member each is hiding). Once all the Colombians are dead, he gets in a car with the oriental man getting in and takes him back to Donald Love.
(Donald Love, Claude inside Love Media.)
Donald Love: First of all, let me thank you for dealing with that personal matter. People will read something into anything these days. Experience has taught me that a man like you can be very loyal for the right price, but groups of men get greedy. A valued resource, an oriental gentleman I know has been kept hostage by some South Americans in Aspatria. They're trying to extort additional funds from me but I don't believe in re-negotiating. A deal is a deal, so they'll not see a penny from me. Go and rescue my friend, do whatever it takes.
The reward for completing this mission is $40,000 and unlocking the mission "Waka-Gashira Wipeout".
- While it is possible to enter the Cartel compound without a Cartel Cruiser by jumping over the gate using a large vehicle, the compound remains empty and non-interactive until the player is driving a Cartel Cruiser.
- A good strategy is to snipe out the Colombian Cartel guards visible from outside the compound before proceeding to enter the compound inside with the Cartel Cruiser.
- It is recommended to arrive at the Love Media building in a Cartel Cruiser, as that way, the player does not need to waste time and armour attempting to find a Cartel Cruiser in hostile territory.
- An effective method when killing Cartel members is to simply run over half of them using the same Cartel Cruiser the player used to enter, to the point the vehicle is badly damaged from gunfire and the player is required to dispatch the rest on foot.
- When dealing with Cartel members holed up in the garages, the player may benefit by using a shotgun. As the garage doors will only open when the player is close to the door and also the hiding Cartel, players may sustain more damage due to close-quarter gunfire, thus requiring the players kill them as quickly as possible; shotguns can easily deal a single-shot kill, ensuring minimal damage to the player.
- The Oriental Gentleman that you rescue in this mission also appears in the game's intro cutscene. He was kidnapped when the Columbian Cartel stopped the SWAT car that you were in.
Claude leading the Old Oriental Gentleman to safety.