Lifeinvader is an online social networking service in Grand Theft Auto V based on Facebook. The company's founder and CEO is Jay Norris. The service allows users to update their status and share photos and videos, while also featuring advertisements and memes. Users can follow posts from celebrities, brands, and services by "Stalking" their pages. Its in-game and real-life URL is www.lifeinvader.com.
Lifeinvader also offers a branded tablet, similar to the real-life, Facebook-branded HTC ChaCha smartphone. This tablet features a FLEECA card slot and a phallic power-supply port. It is advertised under the slogan "It's time to dock!", referencing the homosexual act.
Role in the GTA V plot
|Spoiler Warning: Plot and/or ending details are in the text which follows.|
In the mission Friend Request, Lester Crest wants Michael De Santa to assassinate Jay Norris by infiltrating the Lifeinvader offices to plant an explosive device within their prototype smartphone. When Norris unveils the phone during a live keynote address, Michael calls the phone to detonate the charge, killing Norris.
- Alan McClean
- Amanda De Santa
- Ashley Butler
- Brucie Kibbutz
- Duane Earl
- GTA Online Protagonist
- Jack Howitzer
- Jimmy De Santa
- Karl Kelly
- Little Jacob
- Michael De Santa
- Moe Chinpoko
- Niko Bellic
- Pho Gina
- Dr. Ray DeAngelo Harris
- Roman Bellic
- Ron Jakowski
- Sally James
- Tracey De Santa
- Trevor Phillips
- Yuri Stroganov
- Wade Hebert
Brands, stores, and services pages
Social Club members can interact with the real-life version of the site and obtain special one-time offers from certain in-game businesses and products.
- Elitas Travel - 10% discount on one purchase.
- Herr Kutz Barber - One free haircut.
- Ink Inc. - One free tattoo.
- Legendary Motorsport - 10% discount on one purchase.
- Los Santos Customs - One free spray job.
- Redwood Cigarettes - 10% discount on one hospital visit.
- Sprunk - One free can of Sprunk from a vending machine.
- Warstock Cache and Carry - 10% discount on one purchase.
- The name is a reference to the pervasive/invasive nature of Facebook
- The first known meme on the site is an advice animal reading: "TRANNY PIG - IS WATCHING YOU POOP"
The LifeInvader Tablet: