Los Santos in GTA IV Era
The City of Los Santos is a primary location in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas and Grand Theft Auto V. It is evident from in-game dialogue, radio shows, Internet websites and TV shows, the city continues to exist in the GTA IV era. Although the location cannot be explored, some landmarks are seen in specific TV shows. Despite the fact that GTA IV takes place in a different universe than the GTA III era, it is landmarks from the GTA III Era rendition of Los Santos that are referenced in the GTA IV era. This is simply because it was the only rendition of Los Santos that had been created at the time. It is unknown if GTA V will take place in the same universe as GTA IV, or if the mentioned landmarks will return in the GTA V rendition of Los Santos.
References in GTA IV
- The show Patriot 500 in depicts Carl Johnson driving a Hotring Racer around Los Santos International Airport.
- Many GTA IV characters are born in, or used to live in Los Santos.
- The clothing line Enema is based in Los Santos.
- Carmen Ortiz references Los Santos in a date with Niko Bellic.
- Vinewood is mentioned many times in the game, confirming that the district still exists in the GTA IV era.
- According to the LCPD, many criminals came from Los Santos.
- Accrording to the advertisement of Ranch, the district of Rodeo still exists in the GTA IV era.
- In Funland, a bumper cars ride with a wall depicting Los Santos is seen. It still exists in Episodes From Liberty City, and shows a Shamal, a Hydra flying in the downtown district, and the Vinewood sign, much like the first GTA V trailer.
References in The Lost and Damned
- At the end of the mission Shifting Weight in The Lost and Damned, Malc jokes that he and Johnny should get a room at the Jefferson Motel, a motel in Los Santos.
References in The Ballad of Gay Tony
- Los Santos is heavily mentioned in the dialogues of The Ballad of Gay Tony.