Luis Fernando Lopez
Luis Fernando Lopez is a Dominican-American street gangster associated with the Northwood Dominican Drug Dealers and also works as a bodyguard for club owner and Ancelotti associate Anthony "Gay Tony" Prince. He is also be rumored to be involved in underground fight clubs.
Luis appears during Grand Theft Auto IV on three occasions. The first time he visits the Bank of Liberty branch in Algonquin during the bank robbery pulled off by the McReary brothers and Niko Bellic in the mission Three Leaf Clover. Fellow hostage Eugene Reaper suggested that they stand up to the robbers. Luis stated it was a bad idea, which was proven when Eugene killed Keane and was then shot dead by Packie and Derrick. Luis escaped unharmed when the surviving robbers fled the scene.
The second time, he ambushes the diamond deal that Niko was making with Isaac Roth on behalf of the Pegorinos in the mission Museum Piece. It could be assumed, after the events in Lost & Damned (see section below), that Luis' employer has sent him to retrieve the diamonds after The Lost ambush the first exchange at The Platypus during the mission Diamonds in the Rough. It has also been speculated that Luis worked with Johnny, but he was there with the Ancelotti Family when the deal crashed, and he shot at Johnny. Furthermore, during the end credits of The Lost and Damned, one recap of the museum scenario shows Luis trying to escape via the roof as Johnny and Niko escape by bike and car respectively. Luis dashes to a skylight, then begins to open fire at someone below.
The third time he went to the diamond/Gracie Ancelotti exchange with Gay Tony in the mission Diamonds Are a Girl's Best Friend. The exchange was interrupted by Bulgarin, who believed Tony and Luis stole the diamonds from him, and sent his men after Tony and Luis, and also on Niko and Packie.
The Lost And The Damned
Luis appears in The Lost and Damned twice, once in the mission Diamonds in the Rough when Johnny is stealing the diamonds from Gay Tony, and during the museum mission. He told Gay Tony's boyfriend Evan to flee with the diamonds in a limo, while Luis dealt with the other bikers, with Johnny in hot pursuit of the diamonds. It is presumed Luis then killed every biker that was present other than Johnny, Terry, and Clay.
Also when Johnny plants the wire-tap into Bryce Dawkins Infernus (which later becomes Niko's) you are able to call a certain number to listen to the wiretap. Bernie Crane mentions Gay Tony, and then mentions Luis saying "If he played for our team I would totally be the catcher."
- There is speculation he will be the protagonist in the second episode of the DLC. Reasons to support this are his criminal background, typical of GTA protagonists, and his unusual prominence in GTA IV, making several apparently-incidental appearances. For example, in the mission Museum Piece, it is Luis who ambushes Niko and Johnny during the diamond exchange, and the achievement you get after completing the mission is called "Impossible Trinity"; a cryptic title, but one which may be interpreted as a reference to three GTA IV protagonists being brought together by unlikely coincidence. It should also be noted that in the credits of The Lost and Damned, the mission Museum Piece is shown -- Niko is shown fighting at the front entrance, Johnny at the back entrance fighting and Luis is also shown, firing through the skylight on the roof.
- It is speculated that Bulgarin's disappearance from the story of GTA IV may have something to do with Luis -- it is listed on the LCPD website that Bulgarin has been killed. Note, however, that Bulgarin is already listed as dead while clearly alive during GTA IV, bringing the accuracy of the database into question.
- There is also a parallel in the grudges Niko Bellic, Johnny Klebitz, and Luis hold towards Ray Boccino -- Niko had always had problems with Ray and even killed him on Pegorino's orders; Johnny Klebitz's friend Jim Fitzgerald was killed on Ray's orders; and Luis's friend Teddy Benavidez was also killed on Ray's orders.
- An interesting note to be made is that during the mission Three Leaf Clover it is actually possible to shoot - and kill - Luis while he is lying on the floor as a hostage. If the player chooses to do this, Luis will still appear later in the game.
Murders Commited by Luis
- Mori Green (killed as he ambushed a deal between Niko and Johnny with the Jewish Mob)
- Rodislav Bulgarin (rumored)