Lure (GTA SA)
Wu Zi Mu talking to Carl Johnson and Ran Fa Li, with Su Xi Mu standing by to translate Fa Li's grunts
|Game||GTA San Andreas|
|For||Wu Zi Mu|
|Location||Chinatown, San Fierro, San Andreas|
|Unlocked by||Ran Fa Li|
Ran Fa Li has gone to Woozie's apartment in Chinatown, but now the Da Nang Boys are after him and he can't get back home. The Triads are planning a way to lure the Da Nang Boys out. Carl, meanwhile, offers himself to be a decoy to lure the Da Nang Boys so that Farlie can get out of Chinatown safely.
Carl gets in a Rancher parked outside the apartment. He drives to the sawmills in Angel Pine. Upon arriving there, he sees a couple of Da Nang Boys. The gangsters chase Carl, thinking the vehicle contains Farlie. Carl traverses through the heavily-forested areas of Flint County and Whetstone. After a long ride, Carl eventually stops at a gas station along the highway. Guppy then calls him, telling him that Woozie has taken Farlie into safety. Later on, the Da Nang Boys eventually realize it's a trap, which results into them getting back to Chinatown.
Wu Zi Mu: As honored as I am to share my home with you, we should lure these lizards out into the baking sun!
Ran Fa Li: (grunts)
Su Xi Mu: We were followed here. The Da Nang Boys are watching this apartment. As soon as we leave, they will attempt an assassination.
Carl Johnson: Hey, what's the big deal? Why don't you cruise on out of here, lead them to a quiet place and cap their flat asses - no offense.
Wu Zi Mu: None taken.
Ran Fa Li: (laughs)
Su Xi Mu: We find you funny.
Carl Johnson: Look, as long as they think Mr. Farlie here is in the back, they'll follow me wherever. After a while, you can come out safely - simple.
Wu Zi Mu: Heh-heh. Amazing.
Ran Fa Li: (grunts at Suzie)
Su Xi Mu: Your success will be rewarded, Mr. Johnson.
(Carl arrives at gas station, phone rings)
Carl Johnson: Eh.
Guppy: Mr. Johnson, it's Guppy, are you OK?
Carl Johnson: Yeah, it's nothing, they took the bait like morons! Mr. Ran Fa Li get out alright?
Guppy: Yes, Woozie has taken him to safety, thank you.
Carl Johnson: Cool. I'll see you later, man.
(Da Nang Boy reaches Carl)
Da Nang Boy: It's decoy, back to Chinatown!
- Inside the game files, there is a Rancher with the internal name of "rncrlure", implying it was intended for this mission. Rncrlure has darkened windows for visual protection, a central element of this mission, but despite this a normal Rancher is used. If you use the cheat to spawn a Rancher it will spawn a Rncrlure. Rncrlure is unmodifiable at garages and doesn't comply for the export.
- If one tries to go and respray the Rancher, it will instead remove its doors and causing it for the player to be more noticeable.
- If, at any point, Carl exits the Rancher, the mission will fail, even if there is no Da Nang Boy around to see him
- After you completed the mission, the Rancher is now damage-proof..
- Lure mission on YouTube by GTAmissions - PlayStation 2 version
- Lure mission on YouTube by GTAmissions - PC version