<randomuserswithavatars count=12 row=3></randomuserswithavatars>
<pollembed title="What do you think of GTA IV"></pollembed>
The notorious Liberty City makes a repeat appearance in GTA IV
Liberty City in Grand Theft Auto IV has been remodeled to look much more like New York City compared to its GTA III era renditions, featuring Broker (Brooklyn), Algonquin (Manhattan), Dukes (Queens), Bohan (Bronx) and Alderney (New Jersey). The total map area is slightly smaller than that of San Andreas, but is immensely more detailed and has no "wasted" open space such as countryside or desert.
The GTA version of the Empire State Building in Liberty City in GTA IV
<youtube width="300" height="250">UTYMb79BPGc</youtube>
GTA IV trailer 3
<mainpage-endcolumn /> <mainpage-leftcolumn-start />
Welcome to Grand Theft Wiki
The wiki about the Grand Theft Auto series that anyone can edit
10,097 articles since July 2006
Contents (all pages)
Latest Grand Theft Auto news
- GTA IV sold 6 million copies in its first week, worth $500m - a new record for the entire entertainment industry. It is also the #1 played game on Xbox Live, with 2.3m players last week. Check out the statistics on Grand Theft Auto IV.
- Grand Theft Auto IV has been released in stores. And on top of that, you can score some great Rockstar swag in our Edit Giveaway competition!
- Rockstar Games has announced the release date of Grand Theft Auto IV as 29 April 2008 for the Xbox 360 and Playstation 3
- Grand Theft Auto III, GTA Vice City and GTA San Andreas are now available via Valve's Steam game-download service. Also available from Rockstar is Max Payne 1 and 2, Manhunt and Midnight Club 2. Individual games are priced between $13.95 and $22.95, but two bundles are also available: the Grand Theft Auto Collection ($43.45 - GTA1, GTA2, GTA III, GTAVC, GTASA) and the Rockstar Collection ($69.95 - all of the above).
- Move Up, Ladies, the third trailer for Grand Theft Auto IV has been released.
- The official box art for Grand Theft Auto IV has been unveiled, and the date for the third trailer, "Move up, ladies", has been announced as 6th December.
What's new on Grand Theft Wiki
Grand Theft Wiki on Gamespot
- Grand Theft Wiki has now been integrated into Gamespot and GameFAQs. Visiting the Wiki tab on the GTA IV pages shows our Featured Articles, most popular pages and recently edited pages, all linking to a special Gamespot-Themed mirror of the site.
Grand Theft Wiki IRC
- Grand Theft Wiki now has its own IRC channel: #gtawiki on irc.wikia.com. See Project:IRC for more info. Come and have a chat.
- Grand Theft Wiki has merged with en.gta.wikia.com to create Grand Theft Wiki at Wikia. Accessible from both domains, the merged wiki has all the content (including images) from both wikis. All staff members have remained as staff. See Project:Merge for details.
- Further to previous discussions about merging Grand Theft Wiki with en.gta.wiki.com, staff at Wikia have suggested the possibility of Wikia purchasing Grand Theft Wiki. Discuss this proposal and watch out for new developments at Talk:Community Portal.
New Staff System
- Grand Theft Wiki has a brand new Staff system to replace the old system of Sysops and Bureaucrats. There are now three staff positions: Moderator, Administrator and Manager.
- We also have two new members of Staff to go with that - User:George and User:Chief of Staff are now moth Moderators. Congratulations.
To write a new article, just enter the article title in the box below.
- Not sure where to start?
- Find out more about the wiki on the About page.
- If you are new to wikis, check out the tutorial.
- Check out Help:Starting this wiki if you're setting up the wiki.
- Adding content
- Every wiki has two list of articles that need help called "Stubs" and "Wanted Articles". Don't be shy, get in there.
- Uploading images is another really easy way to help out - see the Special:Upload page!
- You can find a list of useful templates on Category:Templates, some of which are documented on the templates project page.
- Talk and more...
- Check out the community portal to see what the community is working on, to give feedback or just to say hi.