Latest revision as of 22:49, 25 April 2012
Welcome to Grand Theft Wiki
This GTA Wiki is a site all about Grand Theft Auto that anybody can edit!
Login and begin editing pages - don't be shy.
As our purpose is to provide complete detailed information, some pages may contain spoilers.
Today is Saturday 7 December 2013, and we have 52,471 pages
and 13,432 images
Login - HowTo - Editing - Staff - Policy - Wanted Pages - All Pages - Statistics - Upload Images
Grand Theft Wiki also in: Español, Deutsch
Latest News - Saturday 7 December 2013
- GTA San Andreas Mobile Edition
- November 26: Rockstar has officially announced that a mobile version of GTA San Andreas will be released in December 2013.
- GTA V
- November 19: The first add-on for Grand Theft Auto V, titled the "Beach Bum" pack, was released for free.
- November 5: Grand Theft Auto Online players that played online and experienced technical problems in October received a $500,000 Stimulus Package.
- October 1: Grand Theft Auto Online is released!
- September 17: Grand Theft Auto V is released!
- September 3: New previews for Grand Theft Auto V are released with new screenshots.
- September 1: Rolling Stone and Pitch Fork publish previews of GTA V's soundtrack.
- August 29: The Official Trailer for GTA V is released.
- August 28: Rockstar Games release information about a hierarchy system for GTA Online.
- August 27: Rockstar Games announce the upcoming The Official Trailer trailer.
- This week's featured article is Ambulance which details the main casualty-carrying vehicle in Grand Theft Auto games, as well as Paramedic missions
The Ambulance hasn't evolved much during the Grand Theft Auto series. It has appeared in every GTA game except Grand Theft Auto 2, where a paramedic car is featured instead, called the Medicar. You can be sure to find an ambulance at the nearest hospital. If multiple people are killed an ambulance will arrive and two paramedics will get out and attempt to revive the wounded. Typically if paramedics are killed it creates more police attention than other civilians.
Paramedic missions can be toggled on or off when in the ambulance in all GTA III-era games. These require the player to find, pick up and deliver patients to the hospital within a time limit. With every level comes another patient to deliver, increasing the difficulty. Usually when the player beats level 12 the mission is complete (but can be carried on and replayed later) and a reward is achieved, e.g. infinite sprint or extra health.
If the ambulance is left during the mission the player has failed and must restart from level one, similarly if they kill the patient or run out of time. Three patients can be carried in an ambulance at any one time.