Welcome to Grand Theft Wiki
This GTA Wiki is a site all about Grand Theft Auto that anybody can edit!
Login and begin editing pages - don't be shy.
As our purpose is to provide complete detailed information, some pages may contain spoilers.
Today is Thursday 28 August 2014, and we have 54,897 pages
and 14,358 images
Login - HowTo - Editing - Staff - Policy - Wanted Pages - All Pages - Statistics - Upload Images
Grand Theft Wiki also in: Español, Deutsch
Latest News - Thursday 28 August 2014
- GTA V and GTA Online
- The San Andreas Flight School Update introduces two new planes (the Besra and the Mil-Jet), the Swift helicopter and the Coquette Classic, and brings the San Andreas Flight School to GTA Online.
- To celebrate America's independence, the time-limited Independence Day Special adds patriotic-themed weapons (the Musket and Firework Launcher), vehicles (The Liberator and Sovereign) and clothing options in GTA Online.
- The "I'm Not a Hipster" Update for GTA V and GTA Online adds two new weapons (the Vintage Pistol and the Antique Calvary Dagger), seven new vehicles, and more.
- Rockstar announces the Fall 2014 release of Grand Theft Auto V for the Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC.
- On May 13th, "The High Life" update adds four new vehicles to Grand Theft Auto V and Grand Theft Auto Online, the Enus Huntley S (SUV), the Pegassi Zentorno (Super), the Dinka Thrust (Motorcycle), and the Dewbauchee Massacro (Sports). It also adds a new weapon to the protagonists in Story Mode and all characters in GTA Online: the Bullpup Rifle. The highlights of this update feature multi-property ownership, new high-end apartments, and more.
- This week's featured article is Ambulance which details the main casualty-carrying vehicle in Grand Theft Auto games, as well as Paramedic missions
The Ambulance hasn't evolved much during the Grand Theft Auto series. It has appeared in every GTA game except Grand Theft Auto 2, where a paramedic car is featured instead, called the Medicar. You can be sure to find an ambulance at the nearest hospital. If multiple people are killed an ambulance will arrive and two paramedics will get out and attempt to revive the wounded. Typically if paramedics are killed it creates more police attention than other civilians.
Paramedic missions can be toggled on or off when in the ambulance in all GTA III-era games. These require the player to find, pick up and deliver patients to the hospital within a time limit. With every level comes another patient to deliver, increasing the difficulty. Usually when the player beats level 12 the mission is complete (but can be carried on and replayed later) and a reward is achieved, e.g. infinite sprint or extra health.
If the ambulance is left during the mission the player has failed and must restart from level one, similarly if they kill the patient or run out of time. Three patients can be carried in an ambulance at any one time.