The Majestic Hotel is based on the Ritz-Carlton in Central Park (50 Central Park South), an upper-class hotel; the top has been slightly altered and signs have been added however.
It is the setting for the mission Late Checkout, in which Niko Bellic must kill the Jewish diamond dealer Isaac Roth in his penthouse. During the mission, the player can access the penthouse by either using the elevator in the lobby or the window-washer's lift outside of the building. Messina consigliere Harry Hall is also said to run a high class prostitution ring out of the Majestic.
During gameplay, Niko can land a helicopter on the roof of the hotel and enter the penthouse room from the mission. In multiplayer only, the doors inside the penthouse will open and allow the player to move a few floors downstairs.
- In the kitchen, a bottle of Blox can be seen, a product first advertised in GTA Vice City.
- The radio stations Jazz Nation Radio 108.5 and Electro-Choc are heard on the ground floor and in the penthouse, respectively.
- There is a propane tank on the upper part of the roof, which players tend to crash into while landing their helicopters.
- The hotel also appeared in Manhunt 2 on the Project Plaza.
- The endless customer´s service telephone ring may show how badly managed the place is.