|Appearances||[[Appearance::Grand Theft Auto IV]]|
|Full Name||Manny Escuela|
|Date of Birth||1973|
|Place of Birth||South Bohan, Liberty City|
|Date of Death||[[Error: Invalid time.|2008 (age 35)]][[DOD::2008 (age 35)| ]]|
|Age at Death|
|Voiced by||Berto Colon|
Manny Escuela was Puerto Rican who grew up in South Bohan. It is implied he was a former gangster and heroin addict, but had now changed his ways. He claimed that he owed too much to the "streets" and wanted to clean them up to settle his debt to society. However, he had also hired a cameraman, Jay Hamilton, to film his quest, leading many to believe that he was only interested in becoming famous. He operated out of the St. Mary's Recreational Center where he ran a youth outreach program and also was a dance instructor.
Manny was eventually introduced to Niko Bellic by his childhood friend Mallorie Bardas. Rather than personally clean up Bohan himself, Escuela paid Niko to do the dirty work for him. Niko drives around town exterminating drug dealers under orders from Escuela, who arrived afterwards with a camera crew to take credit. It appears that Escuela was also doing vigilante work for corrupt cop Francis McReary. Francis even appears in one of Escuela's videos.
Escuela was well-known in South Bohan, but generally disliked by most characters Niko interacts with. Even Niko is beyond irritated by Escuela's antics and ridiculous claims. At one point Escuela even took credit for the creation of rap, despite his obvious lack of skill, and implies he refused to continue because of his distaste with commercialization.
Escuela's annoying habit of filming finally went too far when he attempted to film a confrontation with another "community leader" of sorts, drug empress Elizabeta Torres. However, with the police closing in on her operations, she is in a paranoid, cocaine-fueled rage and executes both Manny and Jay, shooting Escuela in the eye. She then pays Niko to deliver the bodies to a black market organ dealer, the dealer states the organs will help a lot of people, Niko says "He'd been trying to help the streets his whole life... maybe he'll be actually doing it now."
LCPD Database record
First name: Manny
Place of birth: South Bohan
Affiliations: Linked to the Spanish Lords
- 1994 - Fraud
- 1997 - Possession Controlled Substance: Heroin
- South Bohan based fraudster and drug dealer.
- Former member of the Spanish Lords
- Reinvented himself as a community leader and started a youth center.
- Suspected in assaults against criminals around his neighborhood.
- GTA IV
- Escuela of the Streets (Boss)
- Street Sweeper (Boss)
- The Puerto Rican Connection (Boss)
- Have A Heart (Killed)
- His last name, Escuela, means "school" in Spanish.
- A mural depicting Manny can be seen in Bohan in Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars.
- Manny might be a perfectionist, making sure everything is up to his standards.
- We are led to believe Manny used to do drugs and was a criminal. He claims he "Ain't touched a drug in years" in the mission, Escuela of the Streets.
- In The Ballad of Gay Tony, Troy (the doorman of Hercules) is going to have a documentary about him (Troy: They're going to make a show about me! Can you believe it! Well originally they were going to make a show about some Puerto Rican guy in Bohan but he disappeared) refering to Escuela.