Michelle (GTA IV)
|Date of Birth||1981|
|Home||Mohawk Ave, Rotterdam Hill, Liberty City|
|Voiced by||Rebecca Henderson|
Michelle is Niko Bellic's first girlfriend in Grand Theft Auto IV. He is introduced to her during the mission "Three's a Crowd" by Mallorie Bardas, who urges the two of them to date, due to Niko having just arrived in the city and not knowing anybody.
At 27, Michelle is three years younger than Niko. Mallorie sets the both of them up and they decide to begin dating. Not much is known about her past life except that she may have had criminal links herself. She claims she is not a local in Liberty City having arrived from the midwest.
Michelle likes being chauffeured in most cars, except vans and police cars. She isn't fond of certain cars that come in beater variants. She likes Niko wearing clothes from the Russian Shop; she thinks clothes bought at Perseus make Niko look like a criminal. Michelle prefers variety, expressing interest in new cars and pointing out if Niko is wearing the same outfit or takes her to the same place constantly (though her reaction to him wearing the same outfit is not actually negative as she always adds "I like it"). She regretfully says that she has dated some "creeps" in the past, and admits that she felt Niko was better for her than any of them because ultimately, she knows he is a nice guy despite his criminal activities. She is genuinely attracted to Niko, who is also genuinely attracted to her. This is evident later in the story.
In general, Michelle enjoys going out on dates to a variety of places, including restaurants, nightclubs, and bars. Taking her to a venue which has some form of criminal connection, for example Perestroika, or Comrades Bar will cause Michelle to ask to about the various mobsters. Niko will quickly dismiss this by saying "I really don't know about that sort of thing, Michelle" amongst other things. Whenever Niko takes Michelle to a bar, she never gets drunk while Niko does, and stumbles about. Niko will often comment on this, saying things like, "Were you drinking in there? I felt as if I was the only one knocking back that stuff. I do not know."
- Cars Michelle Likes
- Roman's Taxi
- Sentinel (though tends to go back and forth between liking/disliking)
- Sabre (not beater-version)
- Huntley Sport
- Blista Compact
- Restaurants/Bars Michelle Likes
- The 69th Street Diner, or any other diner.
- Burger Shot
- Clucking Bell
- Steinway Beer Garden (though comments that Irish gangsters hangout there)
- Comrades Bar (though comments that Russian thugs hangout there)
- Lucky Winkles
- Venues Michelle Likes
Michelle had a different appearance seen in the trailer "Move Up, Ladies." While she still adorned her black peacoat ensemble, her hair style was slightly different, and her nose had a much more wider appearance.
- Michelle's vehicle is a silver Merit, which Niko drives in the mission First Date. The player is free to take this car after completing the mission, without Michelle caring.
- If your first date with Michelle isn't very successful, but you ask to sleep with her, she answers: "I'd invite you in for some coffee, but it'd cost at least, say... $20m", this is an obvious reference to the controversy surrounding the Hot Coffee Modification in Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas. Niko will then ask her for a kiss, which she'll give.
- She could send SMS to Niko with text: "Sorry, I'm on another assignment. Talk to you in a while. xx".
- Michelle's favorite radio station is Vladivostok FM.
- It is assumed that Michelle talks to Mallorie about Niko often, confiding in her that she really likes him. Mallorie tells Niko to call her again as a result. Both Mallorie and Roman will continue to periodically encourage Niko to call Michelle, even if Niko is seeing her regularly.
- Michelle has a GTA San Andreas box beside her TV, as seen when glitching into her apartment.
- If Niko doesn't visit with Michelle for awhile, she will remark that it's been a long time and she's missed him.
- If Niko dates Michelle after killing Vlad, she'll ask about whether he knows him and his ties to the Russian mafia; Niko brushes off the question.
- Another random topic of conversation is Michelle may ask Niko how she might obtain some cocaine "for a friend."
- There is a continuity error if Niko and Michelle engage in "coffee" before the Blow Your Cover mission; the cutscene shows the Algonquin Bridge in the background, with traffic moving on it, even though the bridge is supposed to be closed prior to Algonquin being unlocked.