|Appearances||GTA Vice City|
|Full Name||Mitch Baker|
Big Mitch Baker
|Home||Downtown, Vice City|
Vice City Bikers|
|Businesses||The Greasy Chopper|
|Voiced by||Lee Majors|
"Big" Mitch Baker is a character in the Grand Theft Auto series who appears as a supporting character in Grand Theft Auto: Vice City (set in 1986). He is the leader of the Biker gang in Vice City. He is voiced by Lee Majors.
Mitch Baker, at some point between November 1, 1955 and April 30, 1975, served in the United States military and was sent to fight in the Vietnam war. During the conflict he won the Purple Heart for killing a village of Viet Cong. After the war, he became extremely bitter at the treatment of war veterans and was jailed on thirteen occasions, including for violent clashes with authorities. He later forms a biker gang, which the Vice City Police Department believe to be involved in narcotics distribution. Baker, basing himself out of The Greasy Chopper bar in Downtown, Vice City, avoids police infiltration with initiation rituals that involve criminal acts, resulting in a strong bond between gang members.
By 1984, the Biker gang had control of various business empires in Downtown and Vice Point. The gang, however, loses most of its influence as Victor Vance takes control of their locations for his gang. Two years later, Baker's gang were limited to The Greasy Chopper, where Baker met Tommy Vercetti. Vercetti had wanted Baker to provide security for a Love Fist concert, however, Baker had Vercetti prove himself by winning an an illegal street race. Baker, upon meeting Vercetti a second time, revealed he know of his past and had him cause chaos on the streets to mess with the authorities. Vercetti completes his task and returns to Baker, who has him complete his initiation by retrieving his stolen motorcycle from a local street gang. Baker, satisfied with Vercetti, agrees to help provide security for the concert.
Mitch Baker has an extremely bitter and aggressive personality and attitude, particularly towards authorities following his treatment after the Vietnam War. In GTA Vice City, his aggressive attitude is shown only when speaking, having others take action for him while he remains inside The Greasy Chopper. He is, however, prepared to actively take part in physical aggression as seen during Hog Tied, where he states that he and the boys were going to retrieve his stolen motorcycle. He is described by the Vice City Police Department as being a "Lawless degenerate sociopath".
- Mitch Baker can be heard on V-Rock complaining to Lazlow that the station plays too many hair bands and not enough hard rock.
- Mitch Baker's name may be intended as a Spoonerism of "bitch maker".
- The missions given by Mitch Baker is based on the real-life concert at Altamont Speedway in 1969, where the Hells Angels provided security.
- GTA Vice City
- Vietnam veteran, turned motorbike enthusiast. Won Purple Heart for killing a village full of Vietcong. Extreme bitterness towards at treatment of veterans has led to violent clashes with authority. Jailed on 13 occasions.
- Lawless degenerate sociopath.
- Loves bar sports, fighting, pinball, pool, eating live animals, hard rock music, wrestling, racing motorbikes, urinating in public places, scaring police.
- Believed to have been implicated in several civil disturbances.
- Runs local gang of bikers. Believed to be implicated in narcotics distribution.
- Extreme loyalty within gang.
- Initiation rituals preclude getting man on the inside.
- Known loathing for soft rock, communists, wigs.