The exterior of the Modo clothing store in Algonquin, Liberty City in Grand Theft Auto IV.
|Appearances:||Grand Theft Auto IV |
The Lost and Damned
The Ballad of Gay Tony
Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars
|Type of Business:||Clothing shop|
|Location:||East Holland, Algonquin, Liberty City|
Located at Exeter Avenue and Vauxite Street in East Holland, Algonquin (near the border with North Holland), Modo primarily sells sportswear and casual clothing that are considered "mid-range" between those sold at the two other clothing chains, the Russian Shop and Perseus. Modo's presentation is generally simple but tidy, with neatly organized rows of wardrobes. The cashier is a well-dressed man who comments that Niko looks like he was "in a Binco explosion", or was a past resident of Alderney, if Niko walks into the store wearing non-Modo clothing.
Like other clothing stores in GTA IV, Modo cannot be entered in The Lost and Damned and The Ballad of Gay Tony. The store is also present in Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars, but is also inaccessible.
- For a comprehensive list of clothing available from the Modo in GTA IV, see /Clothing in GTA IV.
- Modo could be a reference to the Turkish, Spanish and Portuguese word "Moda" which means "Fashion"
- The Modo, along with the Russian Shop and Perseus, cannot be entered in The Lost And Damned, The Ballad of Gay Tony or Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars.
- Modo is a very good place to start a massacre and achieve the "One Man Army" achievement. To do this, the player has to kill lots of people (outside and inside Modo) and once you've reached 6 stars, hide inside the store. If cops come inside, just kill them. You should have a new achievement. Also, once the achievement has been obtained, the player can simply flee to the Middle Park East Safehouse or Playboy X's Penthouse (provided the player spares Dwayne Forge in the mission The Holland Play) and save the game, restoring the player's health and losing the wanted level.
- The same method above can be used to earn lots of money, weapons and ammunition if the player wishes or needs to, except that once the player runs out of people to murder, or their health runs low, they must immediately flee and lose the wanted level or they risk getting Wasted or Busted (and lose the money that they worked hard to earn, and, in the case of being busted, weapons, armour and ammunition).
- It is possible to enter Modo in The Ballad of Gay Tony through a glitch and cheats. If the player spawns a Comet inside Modo's door through a cheat and then jumps onto the car and through the door, the player will find himself/herself inside Modo. The player can play QUB3D inside on the QUB3D machine but other than that, the store is non-interactive. To get out of the store, the player has to kill themself. This video will show you how.
- gta4onlineguide.com, with pictures and prices for all the clothing in Modo.