Carl Johnson demanding information about his family at the ranch in Tierra Robada.
|Game||GTA San Andreas|
|Location||Tierra Robada, Bone County|
|Reward||Pending on time|
|Unlocked by||Yay Ka-Boom-Boom|
Carl is welcomed by a mysterious voice, who apparently knows a thing or two about his family. The voice says that Carl needs to impress him and let him see what Carl is made of. He instructs Carl to take a monster truck out for a drive. Carl talks to this person who instructs him what to specifically do. He also tells Carl about the monster truck, and how to handle it. After that small talk, Carl traverses Tierra Robada in the monster truck, passing through all thirty-five markers and returning back to the ranch in less than six and a half minutes. Carl is then rewarded with money depending on his time and position.
Voice: Carl, darling, welcome.
Carl Johnson: Some fucking welcome, man. What you know about my family?
Voice: Now first we need to see what you're made of.
Carl Johnson: What do I look like I'm made of? Pudding?
Voice: No - anger, and hate. And that's what I like about you. There's a truck in the garage. Whaddya say we take it for a spin.
(CJ is talking with a guy, probably a mechanic)
Guy: Here's the deal, this is all about speed and commitment. You got a GPS in the cab. Get to each set of map coordinates as quick as you can. Make it to all the coordinates then get the truck back here. Lose the truck and you fail.
Carl Johnson: First, what's a GPS? Second, fail what? And third, who the fuck are you?
Guy: Sorry, need-to-know basis only! Oh, one more thing, this baby's got four-wheel steering instead of a handbrake. Good luck!
(After CJ gets back)
Guy: The boss will be in touch.
The reward for completing the mission depends on the time position:
- $5,000 for 1st place, in 4:19 or less.
- $4,000 for 2nd place, between 4:20 and 4:59.
- $3,000 for 3rd place, between 5:00 and 5:29.
- $2,000 for 4th place, between 5:30 and 5:59.
- $1,000 for 5th place, between 6:00 and 6:29.
The mission "Highjack" is unlocked. You can also keep the Monster.
- Carl does not know what a GPS is because in 1992, Global Positioning Systems were expensive and bulky military hardware found only on ships and planes. It would be about a decade or so before Garmin and other GPS manufacturers would start making GPS units for consumers.
|PC Version - GTASeriesVideos|