Morningwood is a wealthy neighbourhood in northern Los Santos, which appears in Grand Theft Auto V and Grand Theft Auto Online. The neighbourhood is bordered by Richman to the north, Rockford Hills to the east, Backlot City (shown as Richards Majestic in-game) to the south, Del Perro to the west, and Pacific Bluffs to the northwest.
Morningwood is a wealthy neighbourhood with a large shopping area, mainly devoted to clothing stores and places to eat, with a small residential area. The businesses in the neighhourhood, however, are prone to changing with many owners failing to pay rent within a six month period and closing. Morningwood is described as being one of the cleanest and safest neighbourhoods in the city.
Events of HD Universe
In 1930, the Weazel Theater is opened, which later featured the premieres of films such as The Many Wives of Alfredo Smith (1975), Lions & Donkeys (1984), Blue Blood (1986), and The Shoulder of Orion I (1992). The premiere of Lions and Donkeys garnered at least nationwide attention to the neighbourhood after the films star Chip Hampton walked up the red carpet with two slaves in chains. In 2013, after killing a number of FIB and IAA agents, and Merryweather Security Consulting mercenaries, Michael De Santa and Trevor Philips meet to discuss their plans for 'the big one' in an alleyway off North Rockford Dr in Morningwood.
Depending on player choice, Michael can purchase the Tivoli Cinema for $30 million after the mission Nervous Ron with Danny, the manager, asking Michael to help by, for example, promoting the cinema or protecting it from gangs.
Businesses and places
- Watching Capolavoro
- A Monkey Mosaic can be found on Woody's Autos and is visible when travelling south on North Rockford Dr.
- Jerry Can (at the RON filling station)
- "Morning woos" is a slang term for an erection after waking up.
- When switching to Michael, they may find him leaving the cinema complaining about the quality of films the cinema shows.
- The International Online Unlimited business is on the border between Morningwood and Rockford Hills.