Motorcycles are two-wheeled motor vehicles that have appeared in all Grand Theft Auto games except Grand Theft Auto 2, Grand Theft Auto III and Grand Theft Auto Advance. Other names and types associated to motorcycles in GTA include motorbicycle, motorbike, bike, crotch rocket, moped, and chopper. Motorcycles are smaller than most vehicles in the game. It can fit through traffic and alleyways more easily than larger vehicles. Since Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, the player can shoot forward while on any motorcycle. The downside of riding motorcycles is that the player can fall off it if the player collides with enough force. In Grand Theft Auto IV, all motorcycles come with helmets.
In Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas, the player can increase the Bike Skill of Carl Johnson, either through long rides on motorcycles or lessons in the Bike School. The higher the skill, the less chance Carl will fall off the motorcycle and the more responsive the motorcycle is.
- They are fast and more controllable than cars.
- They fit through narrow spaces and can zip through alleyways.
- They're good in drive-bys as the rider can shoot forwards.
- Easier to steal.
- Excellent for stunting.
- You will fall off if you hit something with sufficient force. Furthermore, you will usually be launched off the bike, taking large amounts of damage upon impact.
- Likely prone to be shot as you have no protection at the front, back, and sides. (Some bikes offer thin glass protection from the front.)
- The character can easily get busted, especially with slow motorcycles.
- May be hard to control on grass or dirt (especially when it rains), except for off-road motorcycles.
- Motorcycles are backed up very slowly.
GTA London 1969 & 1961
GTA Vice City
GTA San Andreas
GTA Liberty City Stories
GTA Vice City Stories
Added in The Lost and Damned
- Bati 800
- Bati Custom
- Double T
- Double T Custom
- Hakuchou Custom
Added in The Ballad of Gay Tony
GTA Chinatown Wars
One slight inaccuracy in the operation of motorcycles in GTA4 is that when the player answeres his cell phone while driving the bike he uses his right hand which in reality would disable his ability to accelerate as the throttle is located on that side. Yet the player is somehow still able to operate and accelerate the bike while talking on the phone.
- Category:Bikes - List of motorcycles and bicycles
- Bicycles - pedal bicycles introduced in GTA San Andreas