| This page needs to be cleaned up to meet the standards of Grand Theft Wiki.
Writing style; needs to be written from a third person perspective; also lacks information on the PC version.
As you rank up on GTA IV's multiplayer system, you unlock more clothing. The clothing you start off with is pretty boring and bland. However. as you rank up on GTA IV, TLAD and TBoGT (the money you have counts for all 3), you unlock better clothing. Below is a list of the clothing you unlock at each rank. Please edit this page if you know you can add to it in any way.
- Note: This only applies to unmodded GTA IV, TLAD and TBoGT on the Xbox 360 and the PlayStation 3, not the PC.
Clothing differs between GTA IV Episodes, for example - you will not be able to wear the GTA IV clothing in The Lost and Damned or The Ballad of Gay Tony. Each episode will have unique player models and different styles of clothes to suit the episode's setting.
- NOTE - Female characters may obtain a piece of clothing 1 or 2 ranks earlier than a male character would, so just be extra vigiliant of what rank unlocks what to avoid disappointment.
This is a list of the apparel that you unlock with each level.
Regular GTA IV Multiplayer
|Rank 4||10-11||None||None||Headphones\Motorcycle Helmet|
|Rank 5||12||None||None||Silver War Helmet|
|Rank 6||None||13-14||None||None||Motorcycle Helmet(red)|
|Rank 7||None||None||None||Noose Helmet|
- Usage- Certain people like to wear the motorcyclists helmet or pilot's headset because of what they do on GTA. The jackets remain the same, only varying in color. The glasses are about the same, starting with nerdy and ending with a pair of aviator shades. Almost all the pants are generic jeans. Hats vary, from Cossack hats, to motorcycle helmets, to wool hats. Also, playing as a zombie or a stripper is allowed. Zombies and strippers can only change their hats and eyewear.
|Rank 0||Basic Jacket and Sleeveless Shirts|
Same as head #1 w/ tattoo
Black-Blue Ski Mask. (TLAD)
|Brown vest w/ Red jacket, Green jacket||None|
|Rank 4||Bike Helmet|
|Rank 5||Green Ski Mask. (TLAD)||None||None||None|
|Rank 7||Helmet w/Goggles||None||None||None||None|
Red Ski Mask. (TLAD)
|Black and Blue "Lost" jacket, with a better patch||None||None||None|
|Rank 9||Skull bandanna||None||None||None||None|
|Rank 10||Helmet with Spikes||Red and Black jacket with awards and Lost symbol(TLAD)||None||None||Red, White, and Blue Bandanna (TLAD)|
- Usage- During gang wars or certain Team Deathmatches, bandanas can help differentiate between friend and foe. Certain people prefer red bandanas, while some prefer blue, camo, black, or red, white, and blue. The ski mask is available in green, red, and blue. Jackets, which get more awards upon level ups, start off as basic leather jackets, and end with a red and black jacket with The Lost symbol on the back, along with about a dozen awards. Pants remain essentially the same, as does eyegear and helmets. Also, tatoos can be worn if a sleeveless shirt is being worn.
- Usage- The clothes on The Ballad of Gay Tony are very similar to the clothes on regular GTA IV. The shirts are mostly cheap suits and hoodies, and there are 2 pairs of jeans, and 3 pairs of tight pants. The shoes are actually noticeable, as one pair of jeans features a pair of black and red sneakers. The hats are mostly baseball caps. There is also a wool hat, and several fedoras.