The Libertonian, where the action takes place.
|Location||Libertonian Museum, Middle Park|
Player Character Death|
Isaac Roth killed
Johnny Klebitz sniped or killed
|Unlocks||No Way on the Subway|
Museum Piece is a mission given to Niko Bellic by Ray Boccino in Grand Theft Auto IV. In this mission, Ray wants Niko to sell the load of diamonds they obtained in the eariler mission to a buyer at a deal in a museum. Johnny Klebitz will be there as well with Niko to provide support and take his cut back to The Lost Brotherhood.
|Spoiler Warning: Plot and/or ending details are in the text which follows.|
Ray sends Niko to the the Libertonian museum in downtown Algonquin. Niko meets up with Johnny at the side door of the museum. Their diamond deal is ambushed by a gunman. Niko shoots his way out of the museum and loses the attention of the police and museum workers.
After the initial cutscene, head over to the Libertonian museum in Middle Park, Algonquin. Meet Johnny at the side entrance. They meet the buyer, Isaac Roth with his men inside. A cutscene shows the diamond deal ambushed by Luis Fernando Lopez. Johnny takes the money and flees, while Isaac Roth takes cover and it is assumed that Luis or his men take the diamonds, while Niko has to shoot his way out of the museum.
Remain in cover and take out any museum workers and Isaac's or Luis' men in sight. Move forward down the lane and regain cover when Niko begins to lose health (or armor). Return fire to everyone that is in sight. Once the player is at the end of the lane, turn left and left again to go down the stairs. Shoot the museum workers coming up the stairs and get in cover near the bottom of the stairs.
Kill the rest of the museum workers (take your time) and go out of the door. Follow the path until you get out of the museum. Eliminate anyone in the way. Once Niko gets outside, shoot down the drivers of the museum cars and lose your wanted level.
- It would be a good idea to get a helicopter (steal one from Helitours in Algonquin) and land it near the side entrance before the meeting with Johnny. Then get out and proceed with the mission, then lose the museum workers and police officers via air.
- Make sure to get the armor pickup once Niko gets to the bottom of the stairs. It's hard to miss, but go left at the bottom of the stairs and find the armor in a small, low booth.
- An SMG would be useful in this situation as it can neutralize some of the museum workers.
- Is seen again as Collector's Item in The Lost and Damned.
- Will be seen again in The Ballad of Gay Tony.
- Many museum workers that attempt to neutralize the player - In order for Niko to survive, he ambushes the workers on his way out of the museum.
- A bunch of police officers - Some officers may be killed by Niko if the player loses the wanted level on foot or in a car. The death of the police officers is optional.