Difference between revisions of "Music in GTA V"
m (→Radio Stations)
m (→Nightride FM: Fixed link)
|Line 106:||Line 106:|
== Nightride FM ==
== Nightride FM ==
In early 2012, Kavinsky revealed that he was going to be the host of a radio station in GTA V called [[
In early 2012, Kavinsky revealed that he was going to be the host of a radio station in GTA V called [[FM]]. However, there have been no news about that station whatsoever since then.
Revision as of 02:33, 16 September 2013
| This article concerns a future game or content that is unreleased.
Some details may be speculative, and may not turn out to be correct.
In GTA V, instead of just having radio stations, many missions will be scored, with specific music tracks played at specific moments in order to build atmosphere and tension. However, radio stations will continue to exist.
We though could do something interesting if we scored missions in GTA. Obviously we didn't want to lose radio stations, so we thought we'd do both. Exactly how we're going to balance between the two we're not entirely sure yet – we're still trying to figure that out. But we have some very cool people doing the score, different people, who will work in the same stem-based system that we used in the other games".
Dan Houser in The Guardian
|Blaine County Talk Radio||Talk radio||Unknown|
|Channel X|| Punk rock
|East Los FM||Latin American music|| Don Cheto|
|FlyLo FM|| Electronica
|Los Santos Rock Radio|| Classic rock
|Non Stop Pop FM|| Pop
|Radio Los Santos|| Contemporary hip-hop
|Radio Mirror Park|| Indietronica
|Rebel Radio||Outlaw country||Jesco White|
|Soulwax FM|| Dance-punk
|Space 103.2|| Funk
|The Blue Ark|| Reggae
|Lee "Scratch" Perry|
|The Low Down 91.1|| 1970s soul
|Vinewood Boulevard Radio|| Alternative rock
|WCTR 95.6||Talk radio|| Lazlow|
|West Coast Classics|| Classic hip-hop
|Worldwide FM|| Electronica
The following songs were mentioned in previews of the game:
- "Radar Love" - originally by Golden Earring (1973 - genre: classic rock)
- "Give It to Me Baby" - originally by Rick James (1981 - genre: R&B)
- "Glamorous" - Fergie feat. Ludacris (2007 - genre: pop)
- "I Like It" - Enrique Iglesias (2010 - genre: dance)
- "Regulate" - Warren G feat. Nate Dogg (1994 - genre: hip-hop)
The following song was confirmed to be in the game by the artist himself:
The following songs have appeared in official trailers for GTA V:
- "Ogden's Nut Gone Flake" - Small Faces (1968 - genre: psychedelic rock) - this song was heard in the first trailer.
- "Skeletons" - Stevie Wonder (1986 - genre: R&B) - this song was heard in the second trailer.
- "Radio Ga Ga" - Queen (1984 - genre: pop/rock) - heard in the Michael trailer.
- "Hood Gone Love It" - Jay Rock (feat. Kendrick Lamar) (2011 - genre: contemporary hip-hop) - heard in the Franklin trailer.
- "Are You Sure Hank Done It This Way" - Waylon Jennings (1975 - genre: country) - heard in the Trevor trailer.
As suggested by official artwork, several new bands make an appearance in GTA V, including Barbeque Spaceflight, Sorry Commode, Anguished Cornhole, and Fatal Incursion.
In early 2012, Kavinsky revealed that he was going to be the host of a radio station in GTA V called Nightride FM. However, there have been no news about that station whatsoever since then.
- The Guardian Grand Theft Auto V Preview
- IGN Live Presents: GTA V Trailer #2, 2:09:47
- Twitter Chief Keef's Twitter